SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field sernr and gernr in table equi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts

In my EQUI table there are two serial numbers that are SERNR and GERNR. what is the logic of having two serial number in the table when the table is updated with the same entry of serial number.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mohammedmuzammil
Participant

Hello Pankaj,

The field EQUI-GERNR links to serial number of the production order whereas the field EQUI-SERNR links to the serial number of the material.

A production order is created when a material has to be produced. And when the production order is released, the materials created out of it are specified within it by mentioning the serial numbers ( EQUI-GERNR).

Hope this clarifies your query.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mohammedmuzammil
Participant
0 Kudos

You don't mark your queries as answered or not. So though your question is an easy one and I know the answer, I am not going to reply you unless you close your previous threads!

0 Kudos

hi

Mohammed Muzammil

Now you can asnwer the query.

former_member230043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was about to post the same query, but good , now I am chasing the answer.

Thanks

Veer

mohammedmuzammil
Participant

Hello Pankaj,

The field EQUI-GERNR links to serial number of the production order whereas the field EQUI-SERNR links to the serial number of the material.

A production order is created when a material has to be produced. And when the production order is released, the materials created out of it are specified within it by mentioning the serial numbers ( EQUI-GERNR).

Hope this clarifies your query.

Thanks.

thanks

Mohammed.