Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PM -Refurbishment Process

ajayullas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

In refurbishment process, i have done goods receipt through IW8W . The MAP gets updated to the material only after order settlement (KO88/KO8G) . My question is ,Assume i have done GR on first week of a month. But order settlement is done only during month end.

During this inbetween period if the refurbished material which is in stock is issued again to some order doesn't it post wrong cost as MAP is not updated.

Thanks

AJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fatah_yasin
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

Because you manage material price using MAP, by concept, price will get updated when there is value flow into inventory regarding the material in question. when you do GR for refurbishment. It will posted using current price, because there is no external value information (like when you GR for PO). So by definition, the sequence of value and quantity posting will effect MAP. Please also check the logic of account determination for GR for Order.

Regards

Fatah

ajayullas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Fatah Yasin,

When GR is done through IW8W, inventory value goes up coz  DAMAGED valuated material(less cost) is sent as REFURBISHED valuated material(medium cost) to warehouse. It will be QTY*MAP.

But the cost required to refurbish (like spares required,man cost ) etc will be settled to the material only when settlement of the order is done. This cost will get added to MAP only after order settlement.