Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Recording Failed uploading roles in PFCG

former_member997951
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on parallel DEV systems - a production support landscape and a project support landscape modifying roles in the DEV prod system initially and then the intention is to download from this DEV and upload the roles to the DEV project system and generate to avoid re-keying the changes as there are hundreds of object/field values to be updated.

Normally, in previous releases, this has been fine as long as you first ensure project changes are not being over-written by the upload.

I am downloading from EHP6 for SAP ERP 6.0, SAP_BASIS 740 SP level 0006 support package SAPKB74006

I am uploading to  SAP_BASIS 740, SP level 0013 support package SAPKB74013

I get an error message stating "Automatic recording failed" which I have screen shot in the attachment for reference and then there is no option other than to back out of the screen.

I've never seen this before but it appears to be due to at least one of the roles having been entered into a transport previously - even transports going back over 10 years are being reported which is strange.

Does anybody know of any system parameters etc. which will turn off this check please?

Kind regards

David

2 REPLIES 2

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

see SAP note 1723881.....

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard

Thanks for the pointer and apologies for not finding the note myself. We are working our way through SCC4 and PRGN_CUST in a sandbox at the moment.

Kind regards

David