Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during creation of Dynamic Cycle Counting

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am having some problem during creation of DCC.

The errors that pop up are these: "Quant for storage bin cannot be counted" and " Storage type *** not defined for dynamic cycle counting "

Do you have any advice on what can I do?

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Each storage type in a warehouse needs to be defined for dynamic cycle counting if it shall participate.

I am a bit confused here about the 3 stars in the message "Storage type *** not defined for dynamic cycle counting "

as I would expect a specific storage type, or did you setup a storage type with the 3 stars as name '***' ?

Can you post a screenshot from the errors and your DCC customizing table

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

This is the screenshot:

From where exactly I define it?

Thank you,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should get more familiar with the IMG in the area of your responibility.

IMG --> Logistics Execution -->  Warehouse Management --> Activity -->  Physical Inventory --> Dynamic cycle counting --> General settings --> Define storage type settings

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Jurgen,

Can you tell me what's the issue with that other error?

"Quant for storage bin cannot be counted"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

have you investigated the quant as advised in my previous answer ? Maybe start with LS23.

Cheers

A

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No I think I have no straight answer. My first thought is also going in direction that it is already in another open inventory document. But it could also have something to do with the DCC process  in particular. I have no experience in the DCC process, we are not using it, we are quite satisfied with continuous inventory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiya

Check the quant in question to see why it cannot be counted, could be that it is already covered by a different PI doc for example.

The storage type error suggests that you have not maintained the DCC config in SPRO which is storage type specific.

Cheers

A