Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop Order getting Unhold

swapnil_bodhke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Recently we found that SAP ME Shop Order changes its status from Hold to Releasable when a SCRAP NC is logged for any of its previously released SFC. This phenomena might be a standard or bug, for which we are raising a ticket with SAP to get more details.

Our look out further is to know more instances where SO status would be changed especially getting Unhold.

Please add scenarios and instances in your experiences which could possibly change the Shop order status.

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Swapnil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

I've never heard about automatic Hold release executed outside Release Hold activity. The idea of Hold is that the user should manually check for an issue and then release the Hold. Thus, I would not expect the system to do this automatically.

Does this happen in Log NC GUI or via API call of createNC/disposition?

Which ME version?

Regards,

Sergiy

swapnil_bodhke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sergiy,

We are using ME version 6.1.4.47 and this issue was observed while logging NC from Standalone NC client and Operation POD specifically for NC SCRAP.

0 Kudos

Sounds strange. It needs additional invesitgation as to what happens to Hold IDs logged against the Shop Order and its SFCs, what happens to the Shop Order and SFCs if only one SFC among them is scrapped via Log NC.

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Swapnil

Looks like a bug: the shoporder status is changed to Releasable, but it still has a Hold ID associated to it. So it's in an uncertain state.So, you can't change the order status in Shoporder Maintenance, until you release the hold.

Only releasing the hold and including the shoporder in the hold release process (via the API or GUI) should ever release the shoporder hold.

Stuart