cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes on equipment are not saved at the backend (MAM30_031)

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I change some equipment data e.g. street and city on the client, this changes are not done at the equipment in the backend. Status of MAM30_031 is I-Finished which holds the correct changed data inside. But if I now look into the equipment at the backend, there's still the old data. Changes done at the backend are synchronized fine to the client, but not the other way.

Any idea why this doesn't work?

Thank you and regards,

Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Try to look at the Outbox in Monitor.

You will find out what exactly happend.

Suppose you have created one record and synced and you did not get the record created in backend....If we check in Outbox..That particular record will be in status 'D' means got deleted due to some reasons.

So kindly check the reason in Outbox (Data).

Cheers,

Karthick

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

theres no entry with status "D". In outbox there's only a new entry O-Waiting which includes the not changed equipment data.

The inbox container shows me the data I changed on the client and got status "finished".

Thank you and regards,

Florian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa, hi Preetham,

after talking with SAP support and some testings, there were some code corrections to get this working the right way.

So far, note 1022669 was updated and note 1055139 released to get the problems solved. You have to implement the recent version of both notes.

Now you can change an equipment on the client without any problems and you also receive an correct error code for wrong entered zipcode.

Have a good day!

Florian

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

This has to be the problem with bapi wrapper. Just execute the bapi wrapper in the backend system with some test data and see whether its getting updated in the database..

Regards

Ajith Chandran

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

I checked it and no changes were made. I'm using the original SyncBOs and unmodified BAPI wrappers.

Thank you and regards,

Florian

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

here is what I would do:

1. Check in "O-Sent" in a sequence which is a response for the change in equipment what is the status of your change. There should be something like, "All top updated successfully...", or "Conflict...", or "BAPI return...". That will give you and idea what happens with your change.

2. If you "Successful"... message or no message - that is garanteed BAPI problem. You should open OSS message to SAP (component XAP-MBA-MAM).

Which version of MAM3.0 SR3 you are running? There is Patch02 which I know for sure has some fixes for technical object change fucntionality. (If you are on the lower version: reintsallation will be required, there are SynBo changes either in Patch01, or Patch02, don't remember exactly which).

Cheers,

Larissa Limarova

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa,

after changing the equipment and synchronizing the client, I receive

I-Finished (contains all changed information from the client)

O-Waiting ("all top updated sucessfully" and the data to be transfered to the client, but it's unchanged).

I'm using MAM 30 SR3 PL02 and also the new SyncBOs, ERP patch level SAPKH60008 and the notes mentioned in note 1034461.

Thank you and regards,

Florian

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

this sounds like a BAPI problem to me. Two solutions:

1. easy - open custoemr message to SAP compoment XAP-MBA-MAM.

2. do it yourself style - debug BAPI...

Cheers,

Larissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

During upload scenario, in the middleware we make a call to the Modify BAPI first and the we make a call to the getDetail BAPI. During the first call the changes are transferred to the BE. In the second call we get the latest data from the BE. Sometimes it happens so that getDetail still returns the old data (this is strange but happens sometimes). In such scenarios the client getts old data.

But in your case you are mentioning that even the changes are happening at the backend.

Let me know you Middleware SP level.

Thanks...

Preetham S