cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT Sizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm researching SLT configuration these days as the tables replication(initial load) is hanging.

I download the SLT sizing document from service market. It has a table listing 3 scenarios, of which I want to discuss on the "MEDIUM" one.

Suppose that I have a 1:1 relationship between source and target with only 1 configuration in SLT.

So in the above snapshot , I have 2 problems:

1. the ellipse part is to say that we should enter 10 to the "No. of Data Transfer Jobs" when we create a configuration.

2. the first rectangle part includes the second rectangle? if we have 12 data transfer jobs, we should have 22(=12+10) dialog work processes?

BR,

Chong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chong,

For SLT replication, you need background processes on the SLT server and dialog processes on the system sources.

If you set the number of transfer jobs to 10 (on the SLT), then SAP recommend you to ensure than 10 dialog processes will be available on the system source (and only ten, not 10+10).

Regards,

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

thank you for your quick reply.

Regards,

Chong

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member252769
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chong,

You can understand the jobs calculation in a simpler way as:

Suppose you are replicating the tables (not load only) with only 1 configuration in the system and the SLT system is having 10 background jobs.

i) First make sure that "no. of data transfer jobs" in SLT cannot be more than dialog processes in source system. If its happens then SLT will take all the resources from source and you will have performance issues in source system for other processes/programs.

ii) If total BG jobs in SLT is 10, then keep

no. data transfer jobs - 6

no of initial load jobs - 4 (when the tables are getting loaded, once tables in replication status then you can keep it 2)

no. of calculation jobs - 2

iii) So now you have 4 BG jobs left in SLT, these jobs should be left for access plan calculation. Normally these jobs not running forever (as soon as tables are calculated they are closed).

Now your questions:

1. Here 10 is a example, you can keep as per your system allowance. The jobs are not directly proportional to no. of tables. You can even use 5-6 jobs for replication of hundreds of tables (just need to carefully plan it).

2. Yes (it includes).

Hope it clarifies.

Regards

BJ