Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP exception in backend for Fiori My Inbox app

NickSYYang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am encountering same problem (configuration incomplete exception) that addressed in the following discussion.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3756108

The author said he deleted the configurations maintained in SWFVISU, then he can see the content of approval task.

My question is what's the impact to current workflow if I deleted the configuration in SWFVISU? Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

Ok that rather depends what workflow inbox you are using currently.

For instance the very very old SBWP may call SWFVISU directly.

More likely if you already have SWFVISU configurations you are using UWL in the Portal.

In which case the answer is... no immediate impact... but that still doesn't mean you should do it.

The UWL uses the SWFVISU entries to generate the correct links whenever the portal administrator explicitly re-registers the system alias in the UWL Administration iview.

So at the very least before you touch SWFVISU you should:

* Let your portal admin know not to change the UWL admin anymore

* Make sure they have a backup copy of all their UWL xml files just in case

* Let your workflow admin know what's happening...also just in case

The UWL XML files can be downloaded from the UWL Administration iview in the portal. 

I notice that in the thread the final (and recommended) answer was to create custom decision keys for the approve / reject options and use the BADI /IWWRK/BADI_WF_BEFORE_UPD_IB to complete the approval or rejection in background. This is generally what we would recommend.

If you really really really need to launch to another screen, I would recommend using intent based navigation - there's a great explanation here. 

In Fiori My Inbox you also use SWFVISU to assign the Open Task button to an intent based navigation  for which you need note 2274940 - URL generation for intent-based navigation or equivalent in your backend system.

You will also need to configure a task visualization of type INTENT in SWFVISU for that task.

As this naturally also affects the SWFVISU configuration the same recommendations as above apply - let your portal and workflow administrators know and make sure they have a backup copy of any UWL XML files. 

You might want to take a couple of screenshots of the current SWFVISU settings for you task as well. Just in case!

Good luck

Jocelyn

NickSYYang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

Thanks for such informative response. I got what you mean and will try to configure it based on intent-based navigation.

Kind Regards,

Nick

Answers (0)