cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refresh HANA universe in IDT BO 4.1 SP9

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created HANA universe in IDT, based on HANA view.

Universe was created successfully and i was able to develop Webi report on that.

Later there was some changes in HANA view, which i wanted to reflect in my universe and simultaneously in webi.

For that i refreshed my data foundation layer and i was able to see some new fields were added in my data foundation layer(.DFL).

But that all new fields were not reflected in my universe or business layer.

Can anyone help me in this.

I am currently using BO 4.1 version.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sagar Vora

sagar.m.vora@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to manually drag drop the added objects in the business layer, then only they will appear.

regards,

Anupama

0 Kudos

Yes  Anupama, i think this is only option available.

I was expecting like UDT we just need to refresh and automatically changes will be reflected.

I think we need to wait for this update in next upgrades.

Thanks,

Sagar Vora

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sagar,

After you refreshed the structure you were able to see those new fields in Data Foundation layer. After that did you saved the Data Foundation Layer with the new reflected fields.

You will be only able to see those new fields once you save the Data Foundation layer after refreshing the structure.

Regards

Niraj

0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah i was able to see new fields in DFL and i saved it.

But this all are not reflected to my universe.

how can i get all that fields in my universe ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

After refreshing the DF structure once you save that you need to go to Business layer and create objects(Measure/Dimensions) and assign them those new fields that you have added.

Right click on the Class under which you want to create those new objects.

Click New--> Measure/Dimension

choose proper name Assign aggregation if it is a measure

Click on SQL Assistance of the Select Category and you should be able to see those new fields that you have added. Double click on that and save it.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Regards

Niraj

0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

Yeah i know this solution.

My concern is can't we get automatically get new fields added or deleted directly in universe ???

And on your solution instead of creating new dimension or measure we can drag and drop new dimension/measure directly from DFL to universe.

But still this is manual activity where mistake may occur.

Thanks,

Sagar Vora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sagar,

Yes I agree to your point. We can put an Idea in the SAP Idea place for that and see if we can get that in future upgrades.

Regards

Niraj

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

right click on the business layer name and see if you are getting "Insert Candidate objects" option.This is available with BW universe.

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I am searching this solution for HANA.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note Sagar that it is irrespective of HANA or any other backend your Business layer is going to behave the same way it's working as of now.