Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Passing parameters to a report using RESTful SDK

Have anyone used RESTful SDK to generate a PDF/XLS report that takes filters/parameters?

I have seen many posts that create a report but won't take any parameters. I couldn't find any documentation either. Not sure if I need to pass the parameters in the header or in the URI.

My requirement is to call a WEBI report that might filter data based on the values passed and generate either a PDF or XLS. So far we have simple filters that filter data by customer, date etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sher

Former Member
replied

Hi Sher,

Yes, you are on the right track.  Your XML looks fine but you may need to add the ID of each parameter.

<parameters>

<parameter>

<id>0</id>

<name>Enter First Name:</name>

<answer>

<parameter>

<id>1</id>

<name>Enter Last Name:</name>

<answer>

Keep in mind this will update the parameter values in the cached copy of the report and will not be reflected in BI Launchpad unless the changes are saved back to the CMS.

The intervals you see implies there are a lot of possible values so it is broken up into intervals of 50 values by default (if i remember correctly) so as not to give a huge list in the response.  The values shown are the first and last value in the interval (alphabetically).  I'm not sure why your first interval does not have a start value, but it appears to end with "Jeff" and the next interval starts with "Julie".

Dan

Note: Richard's link above is missing ".com"

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question