Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report: SPROX_CHECK_HTTP_COMMUNICATION ERROR

former_member308636
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Exports:

Now I meet a problem when I configure the connection between ECC and PI.

The T-Code: SPROXY is working. But when I run the report program " SPROX_CHECK_HTTP_COMMUNICATION", it returns a warning message "HTTP communication contains errors ( see long text for diagnosis ) ".

Above this I have checked the RFCs:

1.SAP_PROXY_ESR Type: G;

2.LCRSAPRFC          Type: T;

3.SAPSLDAPI            Type: T.

The SLDCHECK and SLDAPICUST works. Also configured the SXMB_ADM.

Looking forward for your response.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards

Leo Chen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member308636
Participant
0 Kudos

Add: RZ70 works with message "Printer not suitable for job step; automatic output not possible"

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Which version of PI is being used?

Check whether if the Soap Channel is up and running if its single stack.

Also refer the below discussion

SAP PI 7.4 Java Only - SPROX_CHECK_HTTP_COMMUNI... | SCN

former_member308636
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi:

Thank you for your response.

The version of PI is 7.3 with JAVA and ABAP stacks.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

The program SPROX_CHECK_HTTP_COMMUNICATION doesn't check connectivity from ECC to PI, but is used to check if ECC (or other ABAP system where it is called) is capable of processing HTTP requests. What SPROX_CHECK_HTTP_COMMUNICATION does is, it sends an HTTP request to a local HTTP ping service (of the system where the program was called), which is normally ICF service /sap/public/ping (less commonly is /sap/bc/ping). HTTP communication failure error indicates the issue either when sending an HTTP request to a ping service, or receiving and processing response from it.

To progress with analysis of root cause of an error, please check:

• Details (long text) of an error message in the program SPROX_CHECK_HTTP_COMMUNICATION. It shall contain indication of when the error occurred - when sending a ping request or processing its response;
  • In transaction SMICM, check that HTTP service is active (menu Goto > Services). If not, activate it;
  • In transaction SICF, navigate to a service /sap/public/ping and check if it is active. If not, activate it;
  • In transaction SICF, navigate to a service /sap/public/ping and execute a test service call for it (right click on a service and select "Test Service" from a context menu). Ensure that you get response with HTTP status code 200 saying that server was reached successfully.

If checks above are all successful, but error remains, it may also be helpful to collect HTTP trace during execution of the program SPROX_CHECK_HTTP_COMMUNICATION so that you can retrieve more details about context of an error. To do this, you can increase ICM trace level to maximum (3) in transaction SMICM, execute the program SPROX_CHECK_HTTP_COMMUNICATION and then check HTTP trace file (for example, using transaction SMICM or accessing corresponding trace file - dev_icm on application server). Don't forget to reduce ICM trace level back to its original value when tracing is completed.

Regards,

Vadim

former_member308636
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim Klimov:

Thank you very much for your response. From your message I have learnt much.

AS I increase ICM trace level to maximum(3) in transaction SMICM, I got more details about the error :

connection request to < the host configuration> failed ;

IcmJ2EEScheduleFunc: connection to <host>failed.

But what can I do to fix this? Just to add the URL and the IP into my host?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the settings in SM59 and do a connection test over there?

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

Are there any further details in ICM trace for this error?

When you make a test of a ping service in transaction SMICM, do you also get this kind of error?

Can you check if host name that is reflected in error details in ICM trance, is resolved correctly (for example, sometimes there could be issues with its proper resolution when it is specified with no fully qualified domain name - and then it is commonly resolved by maintaining an entry in hosts file on application servers).

Hi Raghuraman,

The program SPROX_CHECK_HTTP_COMMUNICATION doesn't perform calls over RFC/HTTP, so I don't think checking any of RFC destinations (for example those used by SPROXY to connect to ESR or proxy runtime of ECC to connect to Integration Server) is applicable here.

Regards,

Vadim

former_member308636
Participant
0 Kudos

yes I checked the RFCs, they are fine

former_member308636
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi:

I get the ICM host name buffer from SMICM, from the list I find there's no IP corresponding to the ECC host name.

So, have I got the point? and how to maintain this ?

Regards

Leo