Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Study Guidance - SAP SD

arindamsur
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Briefing about my profile: BBA, MBA (Marketing) - around 1 year of work experience in Retail Banking Sales & 1 year in HR - Recruitment (Currently working in this field)

Through my current work profile is recruitment, I would like to go for SAP SD Course, because I not strong in theoretical part of HR.

I am following Glynn C. Willams book & erpgreat website and want to gather knowledge before I do enrollment for certification. To be honest I am not able to understand many terms, keywords & process durin

Is it too tough to learn SAP SD?

Thanks,

Arindam Sur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arindam,

revisiting your initial question:

Is it too tough to learn SAP SD?

People you have logistics experience (3 to 5 years) for them SAP SD concepts might be understandable. They would relate PGI and when goods left the warehouse, travelling to the delivery location of the customer, customer getting a credit limit from the company etc.

People having end user experience, might be able to relate more to SAP SD. They have worked in the "front end" of SAP ERP. They might know how the back end configuration works but they know how to create orders, check the print preview of the invoice etc.

You don't have these experiences, so it will be much harder for you to learn SD by yourself and then break into SAP as you are coming from a non-SAP background. So, is SD tough to learn? Yes, if you tried to do this on your own!

Having said the above, nothing is impossible and don't let anybody say that you can't.

TW

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arindam,

I would say it might be tough to learn SAP SD on your own. There are some SAP jargon which you might not understand right away.

I was in your position some years back, I enrolled in an (unauthorized) online SAP SD training, after that it was much easier to do self study and dive deeper into each topic.

Search the internet and get enrolled in an online SAP SD course institute. For selecting the proper course, you can ask for free demo sessions.

TW

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter

arindamsur
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tw Typewriter ( I don't know your real name )

Thanks for your reply. I was actually looking for expert's opinion in this matter.

I am currently reading one by one chapters & watching  demo class in youtube. This way I am preparing myself.

I need your opinion in terms of selecting right course. As I have mentioned earlier that I have done MBA in Marketing & also have around 1 year exp in retail banking product sales. I am confident into theoretical part of marketing & grasp in computer. But the the only problem is that my current working profession is Recruitment (HR). Will it effect in placement?

Secondly, I have academic work experience ( Case Writing, Publication ) in the filed of Marketing. Will it create any good impact during interview?

Last but not least , I am looking for a good placement. Shall I take full time course from Authorized center Or unauthorized center ) NP: I am from Kolkata (India)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arindam,

One thing I conclude from your posts is that you are interested to pursue a career in SAP SD. Once this is clear and confirmed, the next suggestions or views follow.

SAP SD (for that matter MM, FICO) job market is difficult to break into for freshers, people not having SAP SD experience. It will be difficult for you to land the first job. It might take about 6 months to a year to get that first job. But with two years of SD work experience, you will start a career which will pay you handsomely in 5 years.

Case writing, publication does not count as domain experience.

Going for authorized courses, investing 3 to 3.5 lac INR (not sure the exact fee) is unwise, after completion a job is not guaranteed.

Keep reading chapter by chapter, studying the free videos, and surf the internet if you encounter something you don't understand and get access to IDES, SAP training software.

Think of learning and get into a job as a 1 to 1.5 years project.

TW

arindamsur
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes you are right. Current course fees 3.5 Lacks (Including Exam Fees). I am taking it as a calculated risk/ investment toward my career.

I am reading Glynn C. Willams book & following SAP SCN SD Forum, But the problem is I don't understand all the solution, rather how to solve & what are the parameter to check. So I stop following forum and concentrating on book & demo class.

one this you forget to address i,e. my current work profession is Recruitment (HR). Will it effect in placement?

How can I get access to IDES, SAP training software? Is there anything available in market (Free download)?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arindam,

Your current work experience will not be considered when you try for SAP SD analyst jobs.

As I said in my earlier post, enroll in an online SD course first. Then do self studies, it will be easier to understand the concepts.

IDES could be got for free, search in Google, there are some articles about it in SCN too.

If you have deep pockets, then go for SAP authorized training. But the road will still be difficult.

TW

arindamsur
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the guidance..

former_member192506
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arindam,

I would suggest to go through the below link :

So you want to be a SAP Functional consultant? | Kanishk Bohra | LinkedIn

Thanks