cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal report server upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm supporting an application developed by a vendor using Crystal Report 2008 and deployed in a windows 2003 Server (I guess it has installed Crystal Viewer 12).

I'm working in a Windows 8 machine, so I installed Crystal 2011 to adjust reports.  When I go to Visual Studio and I run the app in debug mode, I get an error:  “Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommLayer Version:12.0. ….”

I installed in my machine Crystal report 11 runtime, but I still having the same error.

In my new server (Windows 2012 R2), I had copied the solution, didn't install any Crystal app, and I also received the same error.

Can you help me to understand what are the apps/SP that I need to install on my computer to be able to run in debug mode, and also what I should have to install in the server to make it work.

Than you very much for any help in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

If you are connecting to a BOE/CRS Server, querying the CMS DB for a report, you have to use the BOE .NET SDK package, 4.x or above is no longer shipped with CR Designer and downloaded from SMP.

If you are still using BOE 3.1 then the SDK is installed from the CR 2008 Install and by selecting the .NET SDK Development tools.

Must install, cannot simply copy the file over.

Also, SP 7 is last update for CR 2008, still supported but no more NEW patches available for it.

You can get the from the Overview tab and on the left side there is a link to download incremental updates.

Of if you have a Support contract you can get it from SMP.

Oh, and remove CR 11 runtime, doesn't work with BOE 3.1.

Don

Answers (0)