cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot filter on a calculated numeric in Web Intelligence XI 3.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a fairly basic query the does a sum(cred_hrs) in the Universe. But I can't do a filter on it these measures, and am wondering why. If I download to a spreadsheet, I can do an Excel filter.  Since the data is in the cube, and the column is calculated from the d.b., why can't it be filtered on ? It can be sorted on.

I also did a very basic query, simply pulling in student name and credit hours and # of courses, but these also can't be filtered on. The columns on which I want to filter on are retrieved via COUNT(COURSE_IDS) and SUM(CREDIT_HOURS).  But once retrieved, I figured they're in the cube and so would be able to be filtered on.

I then ran another report pulling in Student Name and Age, which is calculated as well. But I can filter on the dimension Age.

So based on this, I conclude that you can filter on numeric dimensions, but not measures. Is that right ? If  so, why ? Excel can filter on it, so I don't understand why BO can't filter on it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot filter on measure. But work around, you can create a variable on a measure as dimension and you can apply filter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, that answers that. Thanks !

Answers (0)