Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field values are blank in PO form after changes are made

chris_mowl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a Purchase Order form in SFP (Form Builder) using the MEDRUCK_PDF interface.  After I create a purchase order in ME21N and click Print Preview, most of the fields populate. I have Item number, Material number, and Order Qty to name a few. Two new fields I have added, Order Number, KOMK-AUFNR, and Material Group, EKPO-MATKL, don't populate even at creation.

If I go back and make changes to the form in ME22N, when I click Print Preview, several of the fields that originally had values are now blank in the preview and also when the form is printed.

Is there a setting in SFP that needs to be set so the data will be retained after changes are made?

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chris_mowl
Participant
0 Kudos

In the Include program FM06PE03, in the form  adobe_entry_neu, there is code that checks if

nast-aende EQ space.  It's a change message flag.  If it is blank, meaning it's a newly created record, all the data will be shown in Print Preview.  However, if it is checked, then the program checks NAST for the latest change to the document and only shows recently changed data. 

I have no idea why anyone thinks this is a good idea.

So, to get around this rather odd "functionality", I put in an Enhancement point to clear this field,

nast-aende, every time.  

former_member469314
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

that's what I meant by change message. Whether the aende flag is set is controlled by the definition of the message. I don't think it is a good idea to do this programmatically. The right way would be to define your message right and uncheck the flag there.

chris_mowl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rebekka,

Where do you define the message? In the messages in the PO? NACE?

Thanks for your help,

Chris

former_member469314
Participant
0 Kudos

In the PO you can set the flag under 'messages', then it will be set only for this specific PO. I suppose you create the messages automatically via customizing, then you have to do it via Customizing with transaction SPRO.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member469314
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in Interactive Forms the collection of data and the layout/context should be separated.

So I would guess that the data doesn't get passed to the form. (And therefore, the problem shouldn't be in transaction SFP, but in the print program). You can verify that by activating the trace for the form via SFP and check if the fields are populated in the XFD.xml file.

Maybe the message you are trying to print is a change message?

Best regard,

Rebekka