cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting field access in VA21

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been asked to see if we can restrict access to certain items and header text fields in quotes, transactions VA21, VA22 and VA23 as shown below. Can someone advise on this?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SU24 transaction VA21 check for authorization object S_SCRP_TXT to restrict access to texts. In standard authorization check is not active and must be switched to active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Help. This seems to be what I'm looking for, but...... I've added the object S_SCRP_TXT to the role and I can now modify the values for the Text ID authorization field and each Text ID appears to have an associated Text Object.  The problem now is there are over 500 values and I'm unable to restrict the Text ID/Text Object  Z919/VBBK because it's not included in the first 500 results, see below.

How can I allow all values except Z919/VBBK (or any other specific value) not displayed in the restrictions list?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steven, why don't you display all values by making maximum number of hits option as blank then click select all and then go to object VBBK/Z*** as they values are already appearing in alphabetic order and deselect it. This will allow user every other value except VBBK/Z***. Hope it's clear to you now. Refer to snapshots for further clarification. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very helpful, thank you. I didn't even see the area to expose the "Max No. of Hits" box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to know that you got that. Stay blessed and have a nice week ahead.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steven, apart from authorization object you can go for other options like

1. Restrict the fields via SHD0 and assign the same variant to your quotation document type in VOV8. You can also define user specific assignment for transaction variants.

2. Take the help of your abaper to apply the logic accordingly at FORM USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_TVCOM_H and FORM USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_TVCOM_I to restrict header and item texts of include MV45AFZB.

However it depends totally on you as if you want this restriction to be applicable user specifically or for all users. Rest please feel free to ask in case you need any further assistance on this. Thanks.