cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRFplus application rollback and unlock from transport helkp.

former_member277448
Participant
0 Kudos

hello,

we have a BRFplus application that has some recent changes made to some of its objects pls some new rules.

these changes are included in a transport.

it has been decided that these changes are longer required. they need to be removed from the application and the transport.

we could delete the updated objects manually but there are a lot of them so i am wondering if there is a quick way to delete all changed objects in an application.

also, i want to remove the lock the transport has on the application - we may not need to make changes to the application for a long time and so i am not happy witrh having a 'live' transport sitting around for a while.

any suggestions greatly appreciated.

cheers

Pas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pas,

concerning the functionality to remove/delete the new objects: the mass change is the tool that should help you with this task. Here you can select the objects you want to delete:

Concerning the switching back to old version, I would think you really have to do that manually.

Anyway if you have dependencies in between the newly created objects and the enhanced ones you will definitely end up doing it manually in order to remove the dependencies in the right order.

When you have successfully deleted the objects (I would propose to enforce the physical deletion with the report FDT_DELETE) you can remove the locks and the object (i.e. the corresponding customizing entries) from the transport request as for ABAP objects. As I understand you have isolated the new development and enhancements in one request, so you just can do that for all objects, otherwise you have to check which UUIDs are relevant and just go for these entries. Anyway "handle with care" in order not to introduce inconsistencies in the DB, A backup of you application should in any way be done before you start the cleaning up

Hope that helps

BR

Christian

former_member277448
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Christian,

your answer was very helpful to me.

cheers

Pas.

Answers (0)