cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiscal year period from BEx as a time hierarchy in Lumira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am using BEx Query in my Lumira to create some visualizations on top of it.

The BEx Query has 0fiscper as a time dimension. But Lumira does not recognize it as a time dimension as can be seen from teh screenshot below:

And because of this the sorting goes in Alphabteical order rather than the order of fiscal year periods.

Any suggestion on how to use fiscal year period as a time hierarchy in Lumira?

Regards,

Ashutosh Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My experience:

Use a data from BW and in Lumira create a time hierarchy

Then it will honor the months

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tammy,

I did not understood you completely.

BW BEx query is data from BW. Or are you saying to use the data directly from InfoProviders in BW ?

Regards,

Ashutosh Singh

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible to add the date infoobject to your query?  Then create the time hierarchy off of that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let's say for some analysis , the date is available . And for some other analysis, the date is not available, only month is there or fiscal year period is there even at the data level.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I run into this issue as well...in many cases, there is too much data if bringing in DATE...and it is not needed at all in most of our cases..

If you have:

YEAR

QUARTER

PERIOD

(not yr/quarter, yr/period, unless you want to build those using string functions in Lumira)

as separate info objects, you can build a custom hierarchy in Lumira...but it is NOT a time hierarchy.  So doing anything time related will not work.

james