cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Me2l to be executed in background and output to mail address

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gurus

i want to run an me2l report to be executed in the background but the issue am having now is how to send the output to an email address. Please how do i go about this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the doc: which explains one of the best option.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member185537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dapo,

From ABAP perspective it could be done. The job id could be used and the output could be mailed

suresh_bachan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you create the background execution a job is created which you can access via SM37. You can then change the job and create a spool list recipient. Here you can enter only 1 email address, if you need to create a distribution list with several addresses you can create it in SAP business workplace (SBWP)

Hope this helps

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I tried adding the email address in the spool list recipient but the recipient is not getting any mail but if i add an sap logon name then the recipient will get a message in his SBWP inbox. Or is there a specific setting i need to do as to get the message in the recipient email address

suresh_bachan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dapo,

Please check the following things:

- If the email address is defined in the profile (SU01)

- If yes, check tcode SOST if a line per job is created. If there is a green line this means an email is sent correctly. If yellow, check for the error. (there should also be a job to start the process and send an email from tcode SOST)