cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecasting with context

0 Kudos

Hi,

we have been able to use PAL Forecase smoothening algorithm to forecast value in a time series.

Ex: Feeding last 12 months usage to forecast next 6 months.

Now, we want to extend and contexualize the forecasting with parameters like region, usage of specific resource type etc.

Ex:

• Demand Forecast of resources (equipment types/personnel types) for future jobs
    • Use past months historical jobs to predict demand for each resource types
    • Like which customer will have more demands for which Resource Type
  • Revenue and margin forecast based on Field tickets & margin analysis for past months

Can someone provide any pointers on how to extend PAL forecasting algorithms to be used with additional parameters ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thangaraj,

You might also want to have a look to the time series capabilities of Automated Analytics. You have the possibilities to use extra-predictors and through scripting you can create many models, segmented according to region, product...

Please see the two tutorials from the one & only Former Member here:

Thanks & regards

Antoine

0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing this Antoine.
, it was very helpful.

I looked at "Multiple Time Series" in detail.

In case we want to run time series forecast for say for each Region & product sales, do we need to pick and run it for each unique combination of region & product ?

Is thr any better way or better algorithms which can do this together ? Like we feed the time, region, product & sales for 24 months and it can forecast for next 6 months for each of those region & product combinations ? I understood it can be achieved using scripting by run the algorithms in loops for each combination but wanted to know if there are other options.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the current state of the product (Automated Analytics),scripting is the way.

We have new capabilities that are planned to address this in the mid-term, it's a bit early though to share any details (please refer to roadmap slide 32 - Segmented Models Management: https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001160102012E.pdf)

You should also have a look to HANA Demand Forecasting component in Expert Analytics, I think this can address your question as well.

Thanks & regards

Antoine

0 Kudos

Thanks, I already looked at UDF but its not configured in our HCP yet. I am checking with our admins on CARR licenses or anything else required to enable this in the HCP HAN DB ?

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, good question!

For installation/upgrade of the UDF AFL see here: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2050229

I am not clear if you can install this on HCP as well, looping in case someone there can help.

Also see Unified Demand Forecast (UDF) - Demand Data Foundation - SAP Library

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Answers (0)