Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to see the change logs of scc4

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to see the change logs for t.code SCC4 for last one year.

I checked in SCC4->Utilities->Change logs

But there is no data. I searched about this and found that rec/client has to be turned on.Here it is turned off.

Also i read that if we turned on the rec/client, then SAP system performance will be decreased.

Is there any other way to find the change logs of SCC4 ? Or should i move with rec/client?

Kindly help....

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

Hope you are doing good.

You can enable table logging on a particular table without turning on the rec/client parameter as well. Please go through  SAP-note 1834803.

Hope this helps.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP Product Support

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

//

Disable Logging for a single object:

1. Start transaction SE13
  2. Enter the table within field 'Table/view name'
  3. Press button 'Change'
  4. Confirm the information 'Make repairs in foreign namespaces only if they are urgent'
  5. Uncheck flag 'Log data changes'
  6. Press icon 'Activate'//

I checked the above mentioned note. In that it is explaining that we have to activate.  But i want the data of last year. If it is not activated yet, how i will get the previous value?

Regards

Praveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Can you Please go through link Activate/Deactivate Table Change Logging - Customizing System Setting (BC-CUS) - SAP Library

And also above SAP-Note:1834803 given by Hemanth

Regard's

Mirza Ismail

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ismail,

The above link also depicts the things after enabled the parameter, right? Right now i didn't enabled the rec/client in my system.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

You need to set the parameter rec/client = ALL in the DEFAULT profile. then, need to restart of SAAP system after that you can see the logs with Tx SCC4 -> Utilities -> Change Logs.

Regards,

Himanshu

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi himanshu,

Here it is not enabled. I read in some discussions that if we are enablng rec/client, it will affect system performances. Is it true??

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

Normally only customizing tables should have the logging flag. You can verify it in SE13 -> <table> -> Log data changes.

To list all tables with logging on, you can use this select statement:

SQL> select tabname, protokoll from sapr3.dd09l where protokoll = 'X';

As long as only so called customizing tables are logged, you should be fine. If you have some heavy

traffic Z* tables, then two things might happen:

- performance might suffer

- the logging table DBTABLOG will explode.

So please make sure only the necessary tables are logged and if possible test on the QAS system, if the logging leads to performance problems.

Regards,

Himanshu