cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uninstallation of SAP 4.7 EE from Windows 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I was trying to install SAP 4.7 EE on Windows 2003 .Everything was fine.I was successfully installed central instance after OS configuration..When i started database instance,the power went off twice after 4 hours and installation was stopped.

I need to install that again..I asked one of my friend about this.He asked me to format the whole PC and start from the OS installation onwards,but i heard that wintout formatting or re-installing the OS,we can simply uninstall the existing SAP from the PC and then we can re-install the SAP .

Is that true? if that is the case,could u please help me the steps for uninstalling my SAP 4.7 EE from WINDOWS.

Please post ur comments very clearly as i am new to this Basis.

Thanks for reading my message and I would really appreciate if u can help me out

God bless you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Formatting of OS is not necessary. You follow the sapinst window for uninstallation.If thats not working first delete all the contents in / usr / sap folder....then make sure to delete the oracle software by opening the patches cd. Usually it would ./runInstaller --in windows/Unix...then uninstall it. Then delete all the orasid and sidadm users....

And check in resgistry for any entries relating to sap or oracle after these process..then you can continue with your installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the Installation Master DVD you will be able to find the Uninstall exe to uninstall the SAP from you system or you can select the uninstall option by running the SAPInst exe.

In both the above ways you can uninstall the SAP from your system without formatting the system.

No need to uninstall the database software or anything.

Regards

Sumit Jain

**Reward with points if useful

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, you can un-install the application server...but i'm sure if that is possible when the installation was only "half done"...but: keep on trying

just start sapinst (nw2004 master dvd) and go for sap netweaver, there should find an option to uninstall the appl server...or else you could go for Settings -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Software -> SAP Appl Server

-> have a look into the respective installation guide (search for "Deleting SAP system")

GreetZ, AH