cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOMBOS in SAP EH&S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been working on EH&S BOMBOS and to my understanding Bill of materials (BOM) is created for finished and semi finished goods. From the Bill of material we can create composition of a specification and the system will update Bill of substance created in the composition of the BOM material. To elaborate further I will write down the steps that I have performed.

1) In CS01 I have created BOM for material XXXXXX and ensured the material is Env Rlt. Also, specification is assigned to the materisl as type REAL_SUB.

2) After that I have listed the components in CS02 for BOM material created i.e.. say 4 components. I also ensured that the components listed also has the REAL_SUB specification assigned with Env Rlt.

3)In CG37 when I executed the wordlist for the BOM material I am getting the errors as "Composition for bill of material xxxxxx  and plant xxxx has not been generated; see log.

The log shows the error message as "Parent object contains error" and "Invalid reference value in field OWNID". I checked for environment parameters BOMBOS_OWNID the parameter value is assigned with 0000050091. I am not sure whether the value maintained is correct or not. Please suggest what is this BOMBOS_OWNID parameter and what should be the value for the same. Now I deleted the parameter value defined for BOMBOS_OWNID and the system is throwing an error "Environment parameter BOMBOS_OWNID was not found".

Please help in resolving the issue.

Thanks in advance

Darshan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Darshan,

BOMBOS needs a data provider it can use so you need to maintain one as environment parameter of type BOMBOS_OWNID. Maintain the address in CVD5 and then check table ADRC for the address number (field ADDRNUMBER), This number needs to be maintained in the environment parameter.

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your inputs.

Now, the issue is resolved actually the Paramater value maintained for environment parameter BOMBOS_OWNID was incorrect. I checked the address number maintained under specify authorization groups and maintained the same and now its is working fine..

regards

Darshan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Darshand

"OWNID"s are"special "data information" used in EHS. I will skip the details egarding OWNID (and why this parameter exists)  here (please check e.g. SAP EHS -BD online help); e.g. check here:

Example: Transfer File for Specifications - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

One threads (created by myself) might be helpful as well:

Check e.g

for other threads if additional problems might come up

IN your case. Proposal is you must identify one "valid" ownid. and maintain customizing parameter

C.B.

Ps. "The log shows the error message as "Parent object contains error" is "referenced as error message in the document as embedded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for the inputs and the links provided.

To some extent the issue was solved. In Env Parameter BOMBOS_OWNID the parameter value was wrongly assigned but I corrected with new number which will be 10 digit number proceeding by 5 Zero's. And there after the error was cleared and Exact compositions based on products was populated.

But, now when I take another BOM material after vaing in cs02 I am unable to see wordlist in CG37 I am getting message as 'No data found'. Also I checked the link http://scn.sap.com/thread/1405352 but the issue remains the same.

Please help me out on this.

regards

Darshan

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Darshan

without knowlegde of customizing set up done; data situation etc. no help is possible. If I remember correct:a "application log" is created; please check this log.

Most import in context of customizing is: which "BOMs" are allowed etc. Please check customizing (IMG). Some"small" example is shown

C.B.

PS: may be close your paralell thread