Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Exit to Release Billing if Selling Price lower than Cost

ratana_pouy
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a problem with user who always post selling price lower than cost. Example: Material A is cost 4$, and selling price posted 3$. I want to prevent this activity occur again & again by using enhancement [If selling price is lower than cost, system will show a message].

For instance, i user A enter billing which selling price<Cost, then system doesn't allow to save till user B approve.

Regards,

Ratana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also try assigning routine 5 under Calculation Type in pricing procedure which will now allow to save a sale order if the value is below cost

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ratana, apart form what you've been suggested by other members this can be easily restricted by applying minimum price check at sales order level which has been explained very well in below mentioned documents.

The documents are self explanatory, choice is totally yours that at which trigger point you want to put the logic and if you need any further assistance related to this please feel free to ask. Thanks.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it really necessary per business process that the user enters the price manually?

Any possibility to get the prices from condition records without an option to modify?

If yes, then your problem would be really easy to solve.

If not - then I would try to understand why the user does that - is is because of insufficient training, or because of incorrect cost values in the order or he is trying to misuse the system. If it is the latter - is his manager aware of the situation? Maybe the problem can be resolved internally and no system settings will be needed.

If it is not possible to reason with the business users and if you absolutely need additional controls, then I can see two possible options for now - play with the functionality for customer expected price or with user statuses.

With user statuses you can try to create a workflow, which will set the status to approved for positive margin and to set to not approved for negative. Then you send the work item to his manager for approval. After a month or so of dealing with approve/reject the manager will surely deal with his subordinates

Edit:

One more thing - my idea is to place the check in the sales order, not in billing.

It makes little sense to place the check at such later stage - think about it, credit check was done for a really low value and this is not good at all.

Message was edited by: Veselina Peykova

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Veselina,

I suspect Ratna meant a check during sales order creation.

TW

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible to prevent accounting document generation at billing stage based on a predefined criteria in the SD-FI interface, just it seems wrong to use it in this specific case.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Veselina,

Your comment is interesting. This is not directly related to the OP's question.

Could you please elaborate in what business scenario user will want to have an invoice and not an accounting document?

Further, from a technical pov, how and where can we achieve to build this?
(some userexit? ...)

How to Generate Invoice but not post to Accounting | SCN

TW

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not that the business wants to get SD billing without accounting, but if you cannot prevent invoices from generating (very often billing is done in background), at least you want not to post incorrect values. You have more flexibility to correct the data if the document is not released to accounting.

FI/CO guys have the terrible habit of populating various stuff in the FI documents.

The things you can achieve with GGB0/GGB1 for FI postings are really amazing, but in certain cases (I cannot remember the exact business scenario) we had to resort to validating/populating the values in accounting via the SD-FI interface.

Another possible case when you may need somebody else to double-check what is going on and make a decision is when you generate billing for wbs. If you are over budget or simply a wrong wbs was used, you want to know that and take the appropriate measures. In this case the system will stop you if the time or the status or the budget of wbs is not OK. Billing clerks typically do not have the expertise on budgeting promotions for example and are not even authorized to make that kind of decisions.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Veselina, thanks!

tw