cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resolve Accounting Entries pending for closed period?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Accounting document type WE for MIGO is open in FBL3N for a purchase order. But accounting document RE for MIRO is closed for the same PO. Why is this difference happening?

When compared with ME23N for PO display, nothing seems out of place. I am unable to find the problem.

Please suggest solutions.

I have looked at GR/IR clearing posts but they're either unanswered or aren't relevant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor

Hi

GR and MIRO can happen in two different periods, but you can still clear them

I hope GR/IR posted upon migo and Miro are open still

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Yes what you told is a possibility, but MIRO and MIGO are done in the same month. What should I do in this circumstance? (Please find screen-shot attached below)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

If you have cleared the MIRO document, through automatic clearing i.e.F.13, then check OB74 for clearing criteria defined for the GL or share screen shot of it.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

As requested, the screen shot.

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob

Your posting for Invoice (Doc Type RE) in GR/IR Account is already cleared, while GRN is pending. So even running F.13 will not help. Find out, against which item is the invoice posting has been cleared. You can check that from Table BSAS by specifying the original document no and clearing document no from FBL3N. Now you must reset that clearing and clear the GR & IR again by F.13

You might have another open item on your GR/IR Account from your wrongly cleared items and you will have to trace out all the incorrect clearing and clear them in current period. You can use FBRA to reset the cleared items. Additionally, after you have done this, set OB74 with ZUONR as a filed and make sure the sort key on GR/IR Account is Purchase order. This will populate PO no going forward on Assignment field. Than schedule a F.13 job to run daily so that system clears open GR/IR item based on Assignment on a daily basis

regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil,

There is an issue where MIGO entries (WE) are open in FAGLL03 (GL Line item display) and corresponding MIRO entry is posted in FAGLL03.

In purchase order display, I couldn't see any variation and MIGO/MIRO entries are automatically flown into this account. Why is this kind of single posting happening despite entries done in the same month?

Data goes back to February. Is it possible to open the period of February?

If I go ahead with the FBRA reset and reverse, it would affect their monthly reporting. How do we work around this?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob

Listen carefully please.

Process remains same to clear GR/IR whether posted in same month or different months

You should check how the GR/IR line item posted upon MIRO is cleared. You can find it out using Table BSE_CLR

You need to either reset it or clear the GR/IR upon Migo with some other GR/IR posted upon MIRO

Ajay M

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob

I had requested you to check the document against which RE has been cleared. There is no impact of clearing in FI on the PO History.

In your case the invoice document RE 5100022314 has been cleared by clearing document 100007306. Now as you are aware that RE is generally a credit on vendor account. This should have been offset by a debit item on vendor account. It could be a payment or invoice reversal or a debit note raised to vendor. I had asked you to check the item which has been an offset to RE 5100022314 and has been cleared by clearing document 100007306. Based on what is the nature of offset document, you will have to reset the clearing document 100007306. For eg, if it is a debit note to vendor, than probably, it was not cleared properly. Alternatively, if it is a payment which has also been processed in Bank, than you may not be able to reverse it. Than you might want to offset the WE Document type against some other item which is still open due to wrong clearing by 100007306. In short you have to analyze the vendor account postings, before starting to reset the cleared items.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil & Ajay,

Thank you for your replies. However won't resetting a cleared document (in Feb) affect Feb closing?

I do apologize if my questions seem repetitive, I'm new to SAP FI and still in a learning process.

Kind Regards,

Jacob

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

The resetting will not impact the GR/IR balances. It will just change the status of RE Doc type from cleared to open.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

PS - Please close your thread if your query is answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ajay.

Can you please tell me how to Re-Open Feb period?

I searched SCN and couldn't find an answered one.

REOPEN THE CLOSED PERIOD | SCN

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Why do you want to post in Feb only? You can always reset and post in current period as well. Use reason code 02, when you use FBRA with current period's posting date. Than clear as of today's posting date.

If you really can and should open old period, it should be done using OB52.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your replies. I really appreciate it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your detailed replies. I really appreciate it and am grateful for your patience.

Sincerely,

Jacob

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi

If you are not having GR based IR, it is possible that Invoice verification was done and invoice was paid. So you should have GR/IR amounts from GR and IR open which can still be cleared any time even if they belong to different periods/years. You should be able to clear them through F.13

It is also advisable to have F.13 scheduled as a background job on a daily basis, which should take of this kind of issues on a longer term

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As per your screenshot, if you are doing the automatic clearing through F.13, the assignment field should be same. But in your case it is showing different.

That is the reason it is not cleared, check for other invoices and do the necessary changes for this invoice also for the automatic clearing.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your GR based IV is enabled in PO and in F.13 GR/IR, the special process is enabled, it will override the automatic rule for clearing specified- may it be business area, assignment field or trading partner. Here the customer is checking the GR/IR special process.