cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a summarized way to see which explorers and webis can be seen by SBO users?

kenneth_lee1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm currently doublechecking which users have access to our SBO explorers and webi accesses.

Is there a way where we can see a summarized view as we do in BW?

Also is there a view wherein the background jobs that are run can be seen in summary like in st13 in BW?

Currently we have more than a hundred explorers due to the needed views so it would really help.

Really appreciate your help, thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also is there a view wherein the background jobs that are run can be seen in summary like in st13 in BW?

You can see all the instances & it's current status (report schedule or publication) using the "instance manager" in CMC.

If you have given view access at the folder level(and cascaded it to the objects within the folder), the users will have access to the objects within the folder unless until you explicitly deny access at the object level.

If you are using winAD or SAP authentication, you can create an enterprise alias for a user account to really "see" which reports/objects they can see.

OR

you can create a test user and add the test user to the group to which your actual users belong to and you can achieve the same results as above.

kenneth_lee1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, I tried to use instance manager placing the range this morning to see background jobs run but it's saying no items (see attached). can you please advise any additional setup that I should do?

Also, if you can provide sample steps on how to show the exploration views using instance manager, would really appreciate it. I'm quite new to SBO.

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

• you can use instance manager to monitor Publications, Report schedules(Web-I, CR, etc) and Analysis workbook. Explorer indexing schedules cannot be monitored using Instance Manager.
  • Exploration Views cannot to scheduled(it is just a view based on explorer index) and only explorer info spaces can be.
  • To see the running schedules you need to log on to Explorer and then go to "Manage Spaces" ->Click on Public Folder and sort by status, to get the details.
  • ( ! ) you can also search for "query builder" for explorer and Audit reports to see if the infospace indexing status is tracked.
kenneth_lee1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your response.

I tried this previously but it gives you the authorizations given to the user, not the explorer names that they have access to. Is three a way to show those instead as a check?

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos