cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need help with the following problem: when I create new model I get following message

"Unable to connect to database [Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB] SQL Server does not exist or access denied"

During installation there was any problem. I've checked ~server.ini, but it seems everything is ok.

Thanks in advance....

Jakub

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188977
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Jakub, do you change any values after instalation ?

You can check:

1.- Database authentcation method: (SQL and Windows)

2.- the file server.txt has the connection string. You can check it doing an ODBC connection.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I've checked connection string( SQL_CONN ), all is ok, there is connection. But, still i am getting error in Visual Composer. Authentication method is also correct( like in Installation guide ).

I'm using EP netweaver 04, SP11 and Oracle database. But Visual Compser is working on MS Sql Server. Maybe this cause the error.

I will be gratefull for any issue.

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting this same error.

All is configured OK in server.txt.

Have also tried a manual ODBC connection which connects fine.

SQL database is on different server to VC.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Olaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Note that you have to copy the server.txt file to the ~server.ini file in the VC root directory. All the settings have no effect when they are in the server.txt file, it's just a template.

Lior

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have worked out what the issue was..

The installation seemed to be OK with a named instance on the SQL server whereas the application did not want to connect.

I uninstalled and reinstalled onto the Default SQL instance and all worked OK.

Cheers

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have installed SQl server on different host and trying to install WAS-Java server on other machine, sql server installation was successfull and is up and running, but during the Java/WAS installation ( I have inputed hostname\instance) I get the following connection error.

Unable to connect to database [Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB] SQL Server does not exist or access denied".

can you please sched some light on this.

Thanks,

Chinna