Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

source of supply determination

former_member631846
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I get a problem when I create SNP planned order manually in planning book. The product has fixed lot size. If I input the quantity which is just equal to the fixed lot size system can pop up source of supply determination window and ask me to choose one of the PDS. Then I will get a new SNP planned order with PDS data. But if I input the quantity is multiple of the fixed lot size system doesn't pop up source of supply window. So the new SNP planned orders are without the PDS data. Does anybody know this is a standard behavior or this is an error?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure I understand.

When you enter a Planned Order quantity into a SNP PB, it doesn't respect the product's lot size as you are manually entering the quantity.  But the PDS will still be used.  

Are you saying the SNP planned order you created does not have any source of supply?  

The you need to verify your PDS is valid.  Do you have any lot size restrictions on the PDS?

Ken

former_member631846
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The PDS is valid. And the lot size of PDS is fixed. For example the fixed lot size is 75000. I input the 75000 in key figure production(released) of planning book. System will pop up a window and ask me to choose which PDS should be used. And then system will create a SNP planned order with PDS. But if I input 150000 system doesn't ask me to choose which PDS should be used and only create two SNP planned orders without PDS.

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont' understand.  What do you mean the PDS lot size is fixed?  The lot size is in the product master not the PDS.  

Are you saying you ahve lot size limit in the PDS itself.  That control the validity of the PDS not the lot size for the planned order.

Ken