cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO items becomes 'free'

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all i wanna thank for your patience to my poor english.

Working with Retail.

Mostly, we are using PO's to make goods movement between different site's attached to different company code's, and there is no any problems. But sometimes we need to create PO for goods movement between two different site's attached to one company code and add some extra conditions in that PO's header. When i'm creating that sort of order system marking items as free by default. It comes with obvious consequences: there is no conditions for free items, all parameters of invoicing unmarked. After i filled my PO with items, i'm unmarking 'free' flags on items manually, go to save after that and here problem appears! While saving PO, system returns 'free' flags on random items (1 or 2 usually from PO containing 10 - 15 items). In a result i have an order with conditions in header that applyed only to 'no free' items, and this is not good because users usually misses this situation.

All i wrote is true for ME21N, but goes ok for ME21.

Asking for help in finding a way to teach ME21N how not to mark items as 'free' by it self. Or how to configurate system in such a way that items will not be 'free' by default on movements between two sites attached to one company code.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether the "Purchasing Discount in Kind" is active as explained in the doc: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40d49e9d-3128-2d10-82aa-c6c7f3994...

Also check the similar thread:

If the problem is not identified, please check whether any development is done in ME21N, which is altering the standard behavior.

If its not because of development, you may check for SAP notes (I couldnt find anything relevant) or raise an OSS ticket to SAP.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, i've missed that thread, and it helped! Now i now, that it depends on a relation between site and vendor. But i'm unable to detach this site from vendor due to our buisness process.

Still i can't understand why only 1 or 2 PO items marks "free" after saving. And why this problem exists only for ME21N.

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have any account assignment category for the materials which have the default free item indicator?

If yes, then please check the respective account assignment category settings for Goods receipt Indicator and Invoice receipt indicator by call the transaction OME9.  If these indicators are unticked then, when you create PO for these items you'll have the free-item indicator by default.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose it is a retail system and also as per my understanding you are facing issue in STO precess under same company code, please correct me if I am wrong.

If it is retail system, as per my knowledge, site will be created both as Vendor and customer. Please confirm if the site master setup is configured as above, if so, have you got PIR exists?

Regards

Sesha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if may be due to Sales Set Article. If you are trying to buy the sales set Article then the components will be auto ticked as free item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, good idea! But no, we don't use any account assignment. Invoice indicator's of PO item copyed from vendor master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply! I'm trying to create an order for goods movement between two plants of our company that attached to one company code. It seems, that in my situation system creating STO, and therefore ticks items as free, but what may be the reason why i couldn't change it manually for random item's of PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How system is creating STO, is it by Allocation table or by Replenishment run?

Please check the Article Category for those random items for which free item is tick. Also, share the screen shot of the STO to check. Thanks

Raj

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest to use transaction ANST which helps to find own coding made for a certain transaction. I have never seen cases that items are flagged automatically for free. You may want to compare some hundred discussions (found with the term: default free PO ) where people asked how this can be achieved, and all there is either no correct answer or it is said that you have to use a BADI or exit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If STO is created for Sales Set Article (Retail system) then free goods will be automatically ticked. Since it is happening only for certain item, some line items would be Single Article where free goods is not ticked and for some line items it would be Sales Set where free goods is ticked.

Pls check Article Master for the line item for which free goods ticked and it would be Sales Set Article. Please check and update. Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

That what i have before saving:

That what i have after saving:

That's how looks like invoice part of 30 item:

All material configured identically. As mentioned in similar thread Free item tick automataclly in PO i have vendor (1100) attached to plant (1100), that's why i think that system to create STO.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If that what is said in the link would really be the general rule then why are not all your items in that PO marked as free? The vendor is common for all items in your PO.

Also you pulled it out of context. you can have Intra- and Intercompany STOs, plant to plant in the same company, plant to plant with different companies. In the latter one you usually have prices since you have to bill the other company while in the intracompany STO you can't bill yourself and hence you dont need a condition tab. Still it is not free. The stock transfer is made based on the setup of price control and setup of material type attributes for value update per plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have pretty old sap version, there are no ANST transaction. It is possible to archieve when vendor is attached to plant (as in my case).

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the first screenshoot i've unmarked free items manually, by default they was all free. As i said earlier both plants attached to one company code.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said already, there is no standard function to make items free by default.

If you have an old system which does not have transaction ANST then you need to check the exits and BADIs manually if there was a manipulation, best you get in contact with an ABAPer who has some basic debugging skills.

Whatever is vendor related should be applicable to all items in a PO. If that is not the case then it must be material specific.

Do all items have the same material type?

If yes, then they should pretty much act the same.

Had you already tested to replicate this case?

If yes, was the same item marked as free or one of the others (you said random)?

Is it the case for any purchase order of this kind?

Answers (0)