cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prompts with universe as data source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apologies for the poor subject line, I couldn't think of anything that was descriptive of the problem.

We purchased SAP Predictive Analytics only the other day and I'm running the trial version (Predictive Analytics 2.5 Desktop installed on Windows) whilst waiting for the license key request to go through. I'm already facing a problem though when using a Universe as the data source for my dataset and was hoping for some help.

I firstly want to show a screenshot of the prompts that I see in Web Intelligence when creating the exact same query as I do further down in this post.

The first prompt is a mandatory filter that is automatically applied (mandatory filter) because of certain objects that have been selected. If you look at the bottom half of the screenshot, you see that the list of values is displaying correctly (in this case I have selected the second prompt).

When I recreate this query in Predictive Analytics, I see the below:

You'll notice how no list of values is displaying for the appointment Status/es prompt and nothing happens if I click the refresh button. Also, because there is no textbox for me to type a value, I'm unable to do so even though I could have typed those in by hand rather than select them from a list. This also means I'm unable to execute the query and retrieve data.

The second prompt, the one that reads "Enter Appointment Date Range" also doesn't show a list of values, which it does in Web Intelligence (as seen in the first screenshot). The difference between the first and the second prompt is that the second does at least display a text box reading "Enter a value" and so I can type in a response value manually.

My questions are:

Why is it that I can't see the same list of values that I do in Web Intelligence, or any values at all?

Why is it that the mandatory prompt that's automatically applied does not show a text box when a manually applied prompt displays a text box reading "Enter a value" where I can at least type in a response value?

I could change the universe so that the former is a prompt users would select rather than having it automatically/forcibly applied but surely one shouldn't have to rebuild universes that way to use with Predictive Analytics? Also, I've been banging on how great this product would be as it will allow us to make use of the BusinessObjects investment that has already been made and using universes that have already been developed but if forced to extract data using web intelligence, dump into a file and then load that file, we might as well have looked at other products out there.

Any help with this or suggestions on how we can work around this would be much appreciated.

Thanks heaps

/Magnus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Magnus,

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble accessing universes with prompts. It'll help with the investigation if you could provide version details on the various components you have in your landscape so a similar environment can be setup here.

Also, information about the universe metadata will help too.

thanks,

Jayant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayanta,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

I've realized that the prompt being forcibly applied has nothing to do with this issue so shouldn't have made that assumption - I'm guessing it might have something to do with LOVs but my track record of guessing doesn't look all that good!

I'm using SAP Predictive Analytics 2.5 x64 Windows 7 SP1

The BO installation is XI R-3.1 SP 4 and is running on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP2.

CMS running on Oracle 11g

I've run UnvDoc on the universe, am I able to email this file directly to yourself? Please let me know of any additional information that's needed. I really appreciate your help with looking into this.

/Magnus

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Magnus, have you raised a SAP support ticket on this? This would be ideal for the follow-up.

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

I logged an incident yesterday with SAP (0000256155 - apologies for not posting back).

Thanks

/Magnus

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Magnus, thanks for letting us know and raising the incident. Thanks & regards Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I will flag the issue as "Assumed Answered" as the next updates will be done through the support ticket channel.

Please reopen a new discussion if you have a new question.

Thanks & regards Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Antoine.

I've already had information back from SAP support stating they have reproduced the issue and reported it as of PA2.5 for XI 3.1 SP6 or above (as that's what's officially supported). We're in the process of moving to 4.1 or possibly 4.2, hopefully in the next couple of months, so won't be an issue for us for much longer (fingers crossed).

Kind regards

/Magnus

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Magnus, appreciated!

Yes, fingers crossed that you will be able to solve the problem with the help of SAP support.

Thanks & regards,

Antoine