cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in Xmii object wizard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha !

i tried dynamic page generator, i got output. but in web page design using MS front page, i am not able to display the chart in web page. below i gave the HTML code that you asked.

please help me

Thanks And Regards,

Murali.A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How are you generating the web page? Are you 'Previewing' it within FrontPage? Are you navigating to it through your local IIS server?

Have you cleared the java web start cache and the classloader cache?

If no then see another post of mine describing how to do this:

Also, can you please hit reply in this thread instead of starting a new one. Thank You!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sufw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

if you save the file with a file extension of .irpt, you shouldn't get the "Authentication Required" error message even if you go directly to the page's URL and not via the menu.

Take a look in the documentation, under Advanced Topics > Reports.

Sascha

sufw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

in the future, please do reply to your original thread as this makes it easier to follow the problem.

The HTML looks good. When loading the page, do you see a grey rectangle where the applet should be, an "Authentication Required" error message, or nothing at all?

Have you saved the file with a .irpt file extension?

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha!

i could not see the the grey recangle, but i got "Authentication Required" error message.

i saved the file with .htm extension.

tell the steps to get chart in webpage

Murai

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easiest way is to make a link in the xMII portal for your page this way it's available when you login into xMII.

To do this please follow this:

From the xMII portal:

click..."Portal Services" menu item

click..."Navigation" submenu item...a new screen will come up

From the "Navigation" popup select the role you would like the page available for....if it's for testing just pick "Everyone" to make it easy.

In the first pane called "Navigation Tree" you can create your menu strucutre or simply enter the link directly.

Click "Add" in the "Navigation Tree" pane....a popup will come up.

Enter the name for your page

Click the "...Files" button and navigate and select your page from the webroot.

Click "OK"....click "SAVE"

Go back to the main portal page and click the "Refresh" link at the top right of the xMII portal page.

Your new page link will appear in the left navigation tree.

I hope this helps....

For future references it's also useful to check out the xMII Help @

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii115/helpdata/en/index.htm">xMII HELP</a>

The direct link for setting up the navigation is here: <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii115/helpdata/en/Personalization/Home_Page_Editor.htm">Navigation Information</a>

Also the xMII WIKI could be of great help as well: [url=https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xmii/main&]xMII Wiki[/url]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where the html file is placed? Make sure it presents in the correct path:

<DriveName>:
Inetpub\wwwroot\illuminator\<foldername>\<Filename>.

Are you using local host? If so, use the server name and give user credentials.

Use this URL to open html page:

http://<ServerName>/Illuminator/PortalLogin.jsp?target=/Illuminator/<FolderName>/<Filename>&IllumLog...

Hope this helps you...............

Regards,

Kishore kumar P.S.

sufw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

sorry to be pedantic, but I would recommend not to place any user-defined content (e.g. irpts) in the wwwroot/Illuminator directory as this contains xMII application content, and any user-defiend content has a chance to be changed/overwritten when upgrading xMII.

Instead, create a separate directory in wwwrrot (e.g. wwwroot/CompanyName) and place all your user-defined content there.

Sascha