cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing range numbers exhausted, overlap in billing documents numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Today I faced an issue with the business related with range numbers for SD documents.

A few days ago, range numbers for billing XXXX was exhausted, so for example if the range number was 1 to N, the new billings start over in 1, 2, 3, therefore overlapping the document numbers with old ones of the same year.

The problem was fixed adding more numbers to the range, however all the billings which overlap the document numbers need to be fixed but when we try to cancel the invoice, the system select the old document to be cancelled, not the newest one (which should be cancelled in order to re invoice it with the correct document number).

My question now is, how could you suggest me to fix the issue?

I was thinking on find the documents at table level, that way I can know how many incorrect documents exist, but after that... what should I do? How can I cancel those documents so the business can re invoice them so the correct document number is assigned.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
so for example if the range number was 1 to N, the new billings start over in 1, 2, 3, therefore overlapping the document numbers with old ones of the same year.

Surprised to see this comments.  It is not at all possible unless you change the number range status manually to zero.  You need to explain little bit more what are the steps you carried out once the number range is exhausted.

G. Lakshmipathi

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If somebody included the number range adjustments in a transport request by mistake, this can easily lead to a reset.

From what the OP explains, I assume that it is about a localization package, so there may be additional steps required when you change number range intervals - it hard to determine from the available information if there are date checks and/or custom developments.