cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best approach to Design a Fiori Custom Catalogue using Standard Catalogue / Tiles ?

0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Could you please share your understanding on the following scenario/Query:

1. Standard Catalogue A  -  This is a Standard Catalogue with 10 Tiles

2. Standard Catalogue B -  This is a standard Catalogue 6 Tiles

3 . Required Custom Catalogue Z_AB - Need only 8 Tiles for A and 3 Tiles from B

Queries :

A.  What is the best approach to do the above ( # 3 ) ?

B.  Can we create a copy of the standard  Catalogue ?

..And then edit / Add / Remove Tiles to it ?

C.  To a Catalogue I understand we can only add Tiles manually one by one and assign the Target Mapping using Semantic Object.

But if this need to be done hundreds of Tiles which are from the Standard Catalogues only, adding Tiles one by one using Sematic object via Target  Mapping , seems to be a an over kill process.

Hence I would like to see if there is an option to create a Custom copy of Standard Catalogue  , especially because the requirement is to make Customizations with the Standard Catalogues / Tiles within these .which are 100+ in numbers .

If I need 100+ Tiles from Standard Catalogues to be designed in different say 50 + Custom Catalogues , I will need to create 100+  mappings with respect to each semantic Object   in a Custom Catalogue.  Is this the right approach.

FYI:  I am using FLP 1511/1602 .

Please advise.

Thanks,

Richa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor

Hi,

You can create a custom catalog Catalog Z_AB and then open catalog A, then drag the tiles which you need to copy from this catalog; you will get an option to select the catalog where you want to place this copied tile - here select your catalog Z_AB. In a similar way you can put required tiles from catalog A and catalog B in the custom catalog Z_AB.

Refer this document - Copying Tiles or Target Mappings - SAP Fiori Launchpad - SAP Library

Regards,

Saurabh

0 Kudos

Thanks .

With this I was  able to design my Catalogue with this Info !

0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I have a query further on Copying a Tile .

When we copy Tiles from a Standard Catalogue to other Custom Catalogue via Drag and Drop Referencing , the Tiles get added and Semantic Object and Action get added too. However, the target Mappings for these copied Tile does not get added.

queries:

1- What is the significance of Target Mapping ? 

I assume this is the reference of the Standard Object if the Original / Standard is used .

2--> I assume there should be no target mapping created automatically copying Standard Tile to a Custom Catalogue because it is just a copy of Standard.

3--> I need to confirm that not having the target Mappings in Catalogue for such copied Tiles is normal and does not have any impact in rendering of the Tiles at the launchpad.  Please confirm .

Or is it required to create the Target Mappings manually for such Copied Tiles ?

4-->  Issues :

When trying to assign this Custom Catalogue to a Custom Group  by selecting the Catalogue uisng "+" , I can see only half of the Tiles which were Added to the Catalogue.

( For only 5 out of 9 are seen ) .

From this also only one I am  able to Add.

For the others I am not even able to add to Group uisng +  .  It gives Error - Resource not found for Segment 'Chip,

See UI2 application log no. yk6lcxq37jQIm3r5LJI0K0 for further details (TA SLG1)

ID: /UI2/BASIS_UTIL/059

Resource Chip not found.

ID: /UI2/CX_RUNTIME

Resource not found for segment 'Chip'

ID: /IWBEP/CX_MGW_BUSI_EXCEPTION

Please advise.

Thanks,

Richa

0 Kudos

Please note , I copied Tiles from 3 different Standard Catalogues to a Custom Catalogue.

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The target mapping for a specific tile contains the information of either the LPD_CUST launchpad containing the application URL and Component information or directly the app URL and component name which are very much required for the application to render when its tile is clicked on the launchpad. Without the target mapping the launchpad framework will not know what is the application that should be opened.

So when you copy a tile from a standard catalog to a custom catalog you will have to additionally copy the corresponding target mapping as well.

0 Kudos

Thank you . Got it . Will do so and update !

Answers (0)