cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Levels Importance and usage in IDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am Just wondering to Know What is the importance of Access levels in IDT. i have went  through lot of blogs but i didnt get any proper info

When we  Right click  on object--> Access level

Please find the Below Screen shot

Any help much appreciated

Thanks,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Check out this post:

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Object+level+security+in+a+universe

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Didier/Mahaboob,

Thanks for your  Replies.Now i got clear picture

Thanks,

Varun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Are you talking about universe objects access level?

If this is the case then the access level defines the object level of confidentiality (listed in increasing order of confidentiality):

• Public (the default value and the least confidential)
  • Controlled
  • Restricted
  • Confidential
  • Private (the most confidential)

To consume the access level you need to publish your universe in a CMS repository. These access levels are similar to the ones you can set to users and groups in the CMC.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Didier,

Thanks for your Quick response.  Yeah exactly  i am Looking for this. but here i wanted to know how it will work Actually Can you explain me with example would be great

As you Said it is similar to the Access levels in CMC ? then why they keep again in IDT .is there any  Differences?

Thanks,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

A user can see only objects of the universe whose access levels are lower than or equal to his own access level.

For instance, a user who has been assigned the Controlled access level for a universe can see only Public and Controlled objects of this universe.

If an object is denied through an object access level, it means two things:

• In the query panel, this object is not exposed.
  • A query containing this object won't run. The user can edit the query to remove the object and run the query again.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Didier,

Thanks for your response. So once we set these  access levels in IDT again we need to give permissions in CMC to user groups ?

correct me if i am wrong?

Thanks,

Varun