cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with a rapport in format CSV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with a webi repport...  in the body of the report I am using the next formule  ='A'+[object], because I'm interested to add the letter A at the beginnig of the field. everything works fine in the repport, however, if i try to export it as a CSV file, the column where i have the formule, only shows the information of the object,  no matters if i create a variable before or add the letter "A" in the body of the repport.

This situation happens if i try to make a planification or i if try to export the document direct from the Webi interface.

do you have any explanation of this behavior? what should i configurer in the webi server in order to fix this problem?

thanks in advance.

Moises

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is because the CSV export from Webi does not actually export the report and any formulas.  Instead, it exports the raw data from all of the data sets used in the report.  This is the way it has always worked.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moises,

when you export to CSV, only the data from the query is exported. If you want to export the content of the report as .CSV, you need to use the HTML interface.

Regards,

Rogerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rogerio,

thanks for your response

I change the preference of my BI Launch pad to HTML mode for Webi,  both: interface and creation and modification. However, i still have the same result if i try to publish in a CSV format. Did I do something wrong?

Thabks once again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

below are the picture showing how to export report data to csv.

If you want to schedule as csv, what can be done is insert a  dummy column between each column of the report, set its value to ',' (comma), including the header. Then schedule it as Plain text, then change the name of the report to something.txt without adding the file extension.

I´m assuming your scheduling the report to a network folder

Regards,

Rogerio