Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartForm Line Formatting

Utrivedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello SmartForm experts,

I want to do a little different thing, with one of my tables in the SmartForm.

My table structure is like this:

Header - Line Type 1

Main - Line Type 2

Footer - N/A.

With in the Main area(actual item lines), when my first line prints off, I want to have a border line around the whole row. Please note, I want this formatting only for the first row, the rest should be simple. How can we achieve this?

I am thinking to make separate tables for this, but looking for a better solution.

Thank you for your thoughts to this.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick_vN
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make two different line types for your 'Line Type 2' (one with the border and the other one without). Use the first line type for the first record, and the second for the others.

0 Kudos

How can I give two Line Type to the internal table record?. The Main Area is where the loop runs on Internal Table, and all lines are of same type.

0 Kudos

Not necessarily. You can add several line types to the main area (right click on node & create table line).  Use a condition to use/display the one you want (easy option is to add some sort of 'counter' or 'flag' variable in your case).

You can also use this to print two (different) lines per item if there is too much data to put on one line (but that isn't really relevant in your case)