Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have 8 branches under the 1 company

We are creating the Customer Master Creation role, during the role created; we are advised to maintain the Organization level during the role created

1) Company Code

2) Division

3) Sales Organization (PLANT)

4) Distribution channel

If do I maintain the role with the Sales organization (Plant), it means we are maintaining the 8th role of the Customer Master Creation, Changes & display role also maintaining, total 24 role will be generated for the Customer Master Maintenance (Creation / Changes / Display ).

I want advise that; how will maintain one role for the Customer Master Maintenance to restrict users to their plant level?

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruchit!!

Thanks, your explanation solve our management problem.

REgards

Anwer Waseem

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Solution is you creat a Derive Role.Via Tcode PFCG.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/1c/c38028816c11d396bc0000e82de14a/content.htm

Thanks

Pankaj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

Derived roles will mean 27 roles even more than what the figure quoted by Anwer!!!

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anwer,

It depends. If the requirement is that only one set of users should create customers for one plant,another set should be able to change and another set should be able to only display then 24 roles is needed.

However I think you can also club create/change and display into single roles thus creating 8 roles and then create 8 more role just for display.Thus total will be 16. I dont think auditors mind too much if people who have create authorizations also have change authorizations.

Regards.

Ruchit.