cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication(initial load) taking long time

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

I've created the RFC connection and SLT configuration. I raised 5 tables replication at 5 pm. Several minutes later the

current action turned to "Replication(initial load)", and the logging table \trigger\ target HANA tables are created.

But no  tables became In Process. The Status in Hana Studio Data Provisioning remains Scheduled.

And no data has been loaded into HANA tables.

I got into Job overview and the jobs seems problem. But i don't know why no calculation jobs and only one load job.

My SLT config is as follows:

So could you please tell me why the replications' status remain Scheduled and no data loaded?

thank you for your any reply.

Chong.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member252769
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chong,

Please go to "Data transfer monitor" tab of LTRC transaction, and check if tables are calculated or not (if calculated then it will be X).

Also, increase the load jobs to 12 for Initial load.

Regards

BJ

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chong,

How many background processes are available on your system ? I can see on your screen copiy that all your jobs started with an important delay (3000/4000s). This seems to indicate that you're lacking some background processes.

Regards,

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

How can I get the background processes? what's the T-code?

Regards,

Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BJ,

thank you for your input.

After a night, the data has been loaded into HANA tables. But sth weird happened.

"table overview" tab, the "current action" is all "Replication"

But on HANA STUDIO DATA PROVISIONING, the Action and Status is "Load" and "Executed"

I'm sure I chose the "Start Replication" when I started. Why the status is different from LTRC and HANA DATA PROVISIONING?

I can't understand.

"Data transfer monitor" tab, the tables are not calculated.

And the "Read Module" is "1-Range Calculation", but it was the default value "3-Primary Key Order" when I started the Replication.

I suspect it's about the resource availability. But I don't know how to get the number of background working processes. Is there any T-CODE to do that?

Could you please give more advice?

Best Regards.

Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

New information about the different status between LTRC and HANA DATA PROVISIONING.

The change to ECC system can be replicated to HANA tables, which means it's Replcation not Load!

Maybe the display on HANA DATA PROVISIONING is fake. But I got into table "RS_STATUS" in HANA and found some rows.

The final action is R and final Status is P.

R means Replication. what does P mean?

Best Regards,

Chong

former_member252769
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chong,

Here P means "In process".

You can check background process of system through tcode SM50 and check number in "background".

Make sure that your total number of jobs should not be exceed than this number, should be less than that.

For example: if it is 20 then your SLT jobs should be like 12 or 15 if you are using single configuration.

Regards

BJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BJ,

thank you for your input.

With SM50, I found that my SLT has only 3 background.

basis helped increase to 10 as we have poor hareware.

SLT dev server has only 2 cpus , 32G RAM .

Anyway ,  thank you very much as I learned so much.

BR,

Chong

former_member252769
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chong,

In that case, please keep

no of jobs - 7

initial load jobs - 4

calculation jobs - 2

Please close this thread if query resolved.

Regards

BJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BJ,

my configuration is as follow now:

background is 11, and

no of jobs - 20

initial load jobs - 12

calculation jobs - 5

I raised 20 tables replication(initial load), and after 3 hours all the tables are completed with "Current Action" changing to "replication" except the table MARD as it has 500 millions records.

Then I raised another 10 tables replication(initial load) and one hour later ,I found the status of configuration turned to "waiting for job(released)". does this mean that no available jobs or resources for the new added 10 tables? will they remain the status "scheduled" all the time ?

With my configuration, how many tables can be replicated  at the same time while how many tables can be replicated(initial load)?

My personal thought is that I can have only 20 tables "Replication(initial Load)", and after the initial load completed and the "Current Action" changed to "Replication",  any new added tables to  "Replication(initial Load)" will not be executed as they have to wait for jobs released, which is impossible as all the jobs are being used. The only way is to increase the background wps and the no of jobs. Am I right?

waiting for your advice.

Regards,

Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I take a look at the sizing document and find that it must be a problem about the configuration.

When we create the configuration, we must be aware of our hardware condition and sap system work process. I still have problems about this. anyway it's not appropriate to discuss under this post. I will raise a new post.

Thank you!

BR,

Chong

Answers (0)