cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to successfully install a Custom SAPUI5 Application on the SAP Fiori Launchpad???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning everybody,

I have a big issue since a couple of days and I need help in order to solve it. I developed a SAPUI5 Application using Eclipse and it works. I wanted to add this custom SAPUI5 application to the SAP Fiori Launchpad. To perform that I followed the instructions in this document :

I was able to install that application but when I try to start it from the SAP Fiori Launchpad Homepage, I get an error  saying that the application cannot be opened. I don't know if this error is related to the fact that I added this line while creating the Launchpad role : "Additional Information: SAPUI5.Component=sap.infoday.selfservice". Here are screenshots of the errors. PLEASE can someone help me out? Thanks in advance and have a great day

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Grace,

Additional information is wrong. The one you have pasted is the demo data given in the PDF.

You have to go to Component.js file of your UI5 app.

Get the value for your : jQuery.sap.declare like below (dont give dot Component in end)

like here below it will be : SAPUI5Component=cus.sd.myquotations

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

first of all I want to say a BIG THANK YOU for your response. I adjusted that part and wrote the namespace where to find the Component.js. But it still doesn't work. Here are the screenshots. PLEASE I really need help because all this is new to me . Thanks in advance .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just read the following comment from the author page  on SCN:

"

Not all SAPUI5 apps can be deployed on FIORI launchpad, there are some considerations that you need to take care while developing your app like -

- FIORI supports only XML Views

- Embed app in UIComponent

".

In my case I use JavaScript Views as well as XML Views. So if the author is right with the assumption that ONLY XML Views are supported on the SAP Fiori Launchpad, then I have to change my JS Views to XML Views. Can someone please CONFIRM that restriction to ONLY XML Views for the SAP Fiori-like Apps?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just read another example which contradicts what the author of the document I used said. In that example the first View(App) is a JavaScript View, so there seems to be no such constraints :

Then why am I not able to launch my working SAPUI5 application from the SAP Fiori Launchpad Homepage? Like I said I can see it on the SAP Fiori Homepage but when I try to start it there, I get the above mentioned errors. Can someone  help me  out PLEASE ? Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it. I just left the field "additional information" EMPTY and it WORKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I can now launch my SAPUI5 Application from the SAP Fiori Launchpad.  Thank you so MUCH for your help. I learnt a lot due to this problem. Have a great day

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If its JS view, then probably blank should work

Rgards,

Tejas

Answers (0)