cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating customers/vendors with reference with transaction BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wonder if and if so how you can create customers/vendors with reference to other customers/vendors with transaction BP in S4HANA on premise 1511.

Can anyone tell me?

Kind regards,

Bart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bart

I was curious to see if there was anything out there that could answer this question and I found another post which is similar. Let me quote: https://scn.sap.com/thread/1266144

"

Hi Silpa,

In the standard, this isn't possible with the BP. However, you can create a customer as a reference of another existing customer, and then sync this new customer into a new BP. So you can do this indirectly,.

If you want to create a BP directy as a reference of another BP - sorry, this isn't possible. You would need to copy the BP into another BP using a custom report. You can develop your report along these lines :

1. The easiest way is to use APIs. Start by calling BUPA_CENTRAL_GET_DETAIL usign the BP number. THis will give you all the central data for the BP - e.g. name, etc. Now, merely feed the output of this module into the module BUPA_CREATE_FROM_DATA. This will create a new BP with the same data of the old BP.

2. Now that the main BP is ready, you need to start copying the individual datasets - addresses, bank details, roles, Id, industry,etc. This is tricky - the ADD apis - BUPA_ADDRESS_ADD, BUPA_ROLE_ADD, etc can only create one record in a call. So, you need to first get the data of the reference BP using the GET_DETAIL api e.g. : BUPA_ADDRESS_GET_DETAIL, then loop at each returned record, and pass that into the corresponding ADD BAPI.

3. Be sure to call BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT at the end to commit the data to the DB.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Rishu."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, we have a another issue for bp bapi.

i need to create Vendor with company code and Recon account.

but in BUPA_ADDRESS_GET_DETAIL, there are no field creating for company code, and recon account.......

plz, help me..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jin,

There were redundant object models in the SAP ERP system, and with BP coming into picture in S/4HANA, is a single point f entry to create, edit, display master data for partners, customers and vendors.

If you are on the 1511 edition, the customer/vendor integration is not in place yet and will be declined for the transition.

Please try performing a Conversion pre-check to verify

Refer: Conversion Pre-Checks : SAP Notes 2211312, 2210486

Regards,

-Chris.

Answers (0)