cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post to inspection tick does not work for Inspection type 08 and mvt 322

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I discovered in my system that independent of Tick for "Post to inspection" for Inspection type 08, system posts stock to Quality Inspection and creates Inspection Lot after 322 movement.

For Inspection type 01 it works correctly, in case of missing tick, stock is posted to Unrestricted and Inspection Lot is created.

Is it designed way of work? Could it be some enhancement in our system?

In SAP help it is written:

"The indicator only has an effect when an inspection lot is created at the time of goods receipt"

So if it is designed only for Goods receipts, why it exists for Inspection type 08?

Best regards,

Jerzy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerzy,

The system is working as intended. The movement type 322 - Transfer from Unrestricted to Quality is designed to do the same way irrespective of the inspection type or the parameter defined in the inspection type. This is the standard behavior of the system.

In some scenarios, the inspection type 08 is used for Goods Receipt against the stock transfer orders. So, the "Post to inspection stock" option is available in inspection type '08'.

Hope, This can clear your queries.

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, many thanks!

BR,

Jerzy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerzy,

Here is my understanding -

We need to remember there are two parts to Quality process. One is inspection lot creation and the other part is stock posting (only active for stock relevant inspection types). When you use MvT 01/04/08..etc in the forwards process, an inspection lot is created at the 1st place and then stock posting happens according to the check set for the inspection type. If 'post to inspection stock' is selected, then while the lot is created, stock is posted to Q-stock. If so, you will need to have posting proposals to MOVE THE STOCKS form this Q-Stock to Unrestricted stock at the time of UD. If posting proposal is lot active for the UD code = A, then this stock movement to unrestricted stock will not happen. BUT - in case you use UD = R, then even if you haven't selected the stock posting indicator in QM view, still the stock will be moved to blocked stock based 2nd column of MvT impacting the flow form Unrestricted stock type in the proposal. Below is an excellent document was written by Nitin which explains this process well -

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-51243

So this part is well ensured for handling any eventualities, both for UD = A and R.

In case you use MvT 322, linked to inspection lot origin 08 for inspection type 08, then basically you are trying to return the unrestricted material form Unrestricted stock to Quality stock by creating an inspection lot. But as I said earlier, inspection process & stock posting process are two different processes, and unless the system moves the stock to Quality, the inconsistent free stock is still lying in the floor with a documented link at inspection lot, but not a hard freeze. Hence, I believe standard SAP is ensuring that this material first be put on hold and then you can decide further with UD as to what has to be done.

Thanks,

Arijit

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee