Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding out the SP and Patch level of an existing NWDS 7.5 installation

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know how to figure out what is the SP & patch level of an existing NWDS 7.5 installation?

In NWDS 7.31, it is simply achievable by going to Help > About SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio.

However since NWDS 7.5 does not get the "rebranding" as previous NWDS versions, and just looks like a plain old Eclipse Luna/Mars installation, it is not immediately obvious.

Even in the Installation Details, the version numbers are very different and have no indication of being 7.5xxx.

Regards

Eng Swee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

In the eclipse folder open META-INF folder and open MANIFEST.MF file.

Based on above my NWDS version is 7.5 service pack 00.

Regards,

Praveen.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Thanks for your response

I actually had a look at the MANIFEST.MF file too before posting this (sorry, I should have mentioned that too in this thread) but it only provides the SP level. I couldn't figure out the patch level - maybe it is the last 4 digits?

I was wondering also if there is some other way of figuring it out from within the running application. Any ideas?

In any case, I'll just leave this thread open for a bit longer to see if anyone else knows of another way to identify it. Otherwise, I'll close it with your answer as the correct one.

Regards

Eng Swee

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I managed to track back the zipped file that was downloaded and compared it to SMP and it was for 7.5 SP1 Patch 2. So the last 4 digits do not represent the patch level, and still no idea how to get that

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As there are no inputs from anyone else, closing this even though it's only partially answered.

As of now, we can only figure out the major version and SP level via the manifest file, but not the patch level.

Answers (0)