cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mrp area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

As bellow screenshot , the red highlight component material is the phantom item in work order.

The storage location 'T01P' is assigned to MRP area 'CS1000' , the material master is also maintained

MRP area'CS1000'.

But this material requirment is in Plant MRP area '1000' , not in MRP area 'CS1000':

The other non-phantom components in the same work order are right , all display in MRP area 'CS1000'.

And the components under the phantom materail are also right.

So i am confused why phantom item materials are not right . Please give me the direction , thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For phantom assemblies, the materials planning does not take dependent requirements and and requirements for material provided into account.

Does MRP area 'CS1000' is storage location or subcontractor MRP area?

Read consulting note  375913 - MRP area:Determne issue storage locatn of component

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Planning WIthout Final Assembly cannot be used under a storage location MRP area, so it is always displayed under the plant stock segment.

The following note describes this system behavior:

545327 - Explanatory note: Planning and storage locations

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello R.Brahmankar, CS1000 is storage location MRP area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Caetano. I read this note,but not really understand.The phantom item is planning with final assembly(strategy group 40 or 20) , in materail master mrp 2 are maintained E50 or E52(special procurement).

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

On your screenshot you can observe that all the MRP elements are under a special stock segment called "planning without assembly". This is a standard behavior for this planning strategy and, unfortunately, this stock segment is not supported under the MRP areas, so it is always displayed under the plant.

In summary, your system is working as designed.

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Caetano

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rvarulselvan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think..

• You have maintained the material TW-0837203-00 in plant mrp area. that is there was no mrp area for specific storage location was defined for this in material master  mrp1 tab

• the materials TW-0905638-00 is maintained in MRP area for storagethat is you have defined a mrp area for the material with the specific storage locations in the material master mrp1 tab.

please check this..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both TW-0837203-00 and TW-0905638-00 are maintainer in MRP area for storage location MRP area CS1000 , in material master mrp2 tab is T01 belong to plant MRP area , and in storage location MRP area mrp1 tab1 we maintained T01P  belong to CS1000.

rvarulselvan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

check these..

1. You need to maintain the special procurement key for the phantom Assembly

in the MRP 2 View of the material master

2. If a Bom item is a phantom assembly , the dependent reqmts of the higher

level assembly are directly passed to the components of the phantom

assembly skipping the phantom assembly.

3. Planned orders/ Purchase requisitions are created for the components of the

phantom assembly.

4. We can override the Phantom Assembly Setting by defining in SPRO --->

Define Explosion Types so that MRP Creates Procurement Propasals for the

Phantom Assembly itself.

ie We can Swith off the Phantom Assembly Settings.

This settting need to be defined in the BOM Item details screen in the Basic

Data Tab Page under MRP Area.

So check in your Bom whether switch off phantom assembly is defined.

regarsds,

rv

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please check that where the  Special Procurement Indicator  for phantom item is maintained.(50)

As per my understanding it must be maintained at MRP Area level.

Regards,

Velmurugan S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Velmurugan S,

i maintained E50 in material master , phantom material still display in plant mrp area in MD04