cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Scanner App for IOS and Android

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just want to ask if SAP has it's own document scanning app ( pdf format) or is there an app available in itunes or play that SAP is allowing us to use to scan SAP documents? I belong to the GCO sales org and every quarter end one of the problems we encounter is having to wait for the physical document to get here in the office before we can scan it and only then will we be able to move on to the next process. This is time consuming considering the traffic situation here in the Philippines.

Don't know if I'm on the right community page/discussion, if not, appreciate any input where I can post this question.

Thank you.

Nina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nina,

Please explain the business process.

I see it is a business process design issue rather than just a tool issue.

Sender:

Who is the document owner? (supplier, ...)

What is the document? (Invoice, ...)

Receiver:

Who is the receiver? ( FI cleark, ..)

What is a task after receiving it ? (Data input, ...)

What is the transaction ?

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masu,

Thank you for your message. Don't want to touch the business process because it's the standard SAP business process. What I'm looking it is just a simple app that can do document scanning in PDF.

To answer some of your questions:

Sender:

Who is the document owner? (supplier, ...) - SAP.

What is the document? (Invoice, ...) - it is the SAP Order Form that also serves as a contract when  a client buys a software from SAP.

Receiver:

Who is the receiver? ( FI cleark, ..) - both client and SAP

What is a task after receiving it ? (Data input, ...) - once the client signs the order form it goes back to SAP for signature of the Commercial Finance Manager that is based in another country. This is where the document scanner app will be helpful. To give you a background, here's what happens:

1. SAP Managing Director signs the order form.

2. The account executive (sales person) brings the signed order form to the client for their signature.

3. After client signs, the account executive needs to bring back the document to the office so it can be scanned and email to another SAP signatory that is based in another country. This is where the document scanning app can play a vital part, instead of waiting for the physical document to come back to the office, the account executive can already scan the document, even before leaving the client, the account executive can already scan the document and send it to the SAP signatory.

Hope this helps. thanks.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nina,

A simple and quick solution is using free scanning app or mobile camera.

There are many free apps in the market.

For the next step, you may want to have transaction integration. There are several options.

+ Image archive and workflow

+ BPM workflow

+ Using collaboration tool like Jam Integration

+ SAP Mobile documents integration

and more..

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You may want to ask on the Fiori space.  In the SAP Mobile Platform SDK, Kapsel provides access to the mobile device hardware (such as the camera) through Cordova, but in itself does not contain a prebuilt application.  You can see that feature here http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-65537

Regards,

Kevin

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nina,

Can you review the document link that Kevin provided and respond to whether that answers your questions?  This is probably not the right community for this topic, but it could be better in SAP Fiori as he states, the SMP Developer Center community or possibly even in the SAPUI5 Developer Center community.  If you can provide some more information, we can move it to where it will receive attention from the right experts.

Thanks, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Kevin, per checking the document, it's close but not exactly what I'm looking for (also to technical for me, apologies)

Just want to know if there's an app (i.e. camscanner, geniues scan, etc) we can install in our phone to scan document (pdf format) that's approved by SAP.

Will check out Fiori.

thanks again and sorry for the trouble.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike, will check out Fiori.

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

No problem, one of the reasons I also suggested it.

Regards,

Kevin