Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiprovider Authorization Role

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I would like to create an authorization role to give full data access to a multiprovider.

I found standard authorization objects : S_RS_ICUBE and S_RS_MPRO, but they are not supported anypore.

Are they any other solutions?

Thanks.

Amine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amine,

Of course there is. Just handle the InfoProvider characteristic (0TCAIPROV ) in your analysis authorization.

Analysis authorization are now to be used to manage authorization for accessing infoProvider (instead of the old S_RS_MPRO, ICUBE, ISET etc.).

Regards,

Frederic

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bonjour Frédéric,

Thanks for your answer.

You mean, i have to create an authorization object in RSECADMIN with characterstic 0TCAIPROV with a value = mu multiprovider name and then add it to my role. Right?

Merci.

Amine

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly.

If you have some characteristic authorization relevant in your multiprovider, you will also have to add these characteristics in your analysis authorization.

Regards,

Frederic

former_member183012
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amine,

Yes you need to create analysis authorization object with Rsec admin and provide multiprovider value in that.

Include other characteristic which are authorization relevant in this multiprovider.

then  you can include this object in assigned role so that user will able to execute reports on top of this mutiprovider.

you can identify missing authorization using execute as and then correct the missing authorization.

Regards,

Ganesh Bothe

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys.

Amine

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amine,

The authorization objects S_RS_MPRO, ICUBE, ISET etc. are not obsolete but serve another purpose. BW backend administrators and developers will need the authorization.

However, for data authorization the business user will need appropriate Analysis Authorization. It depends if Characteristic 0TCAIPROV is authorization-relevant (which is usually the case). If yes, then you have to include it in the Analysis Authorization object(s). Depending on your authorization concept, you have to supply full access (i.e. CP *) or restricted to certain InfoProviders (with or w/o using wildcards).

Be aware to analyze which other authorization-relevant Characteristics (and Key Figures) exist in the InfoProvider. You will have to authorize them as well in Analysis Authorizations. The authorization trace functionality within RSECADMIN will guide you to determine which authorization-relevant Characteristics need authorization.

Best regards,

Sander