cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM not for all logical components in project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

My customer do not want to use charm for all systems (logical components) that persist in project. They want to activate charm just for some systems. And in the same time they do not want to delete systems (logical components) from project which is not supposed to be used by charm.

If I would not make charm settings for systems (logical components) which is not supposed to be used by charm I get mistakes in project checks and can not create cycle.

If I'll make charm settings for all systems (logical components) then I will be able to select any of systems in charm documents and should transport changes by charm changes documents.

Any advice how to deal with it?

Is there any way to restrict to choose particular systems in change documents?

Regards, Diana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answer is soooo easy! Theres column "Change relevant" next to logical component. It appears when charm activated and you can unmark unrelated to charm logical components.

Regards, Diana

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes that is fine but I hope your issue was related to systems within the logical component which you can't remove from the path

never mind its good to know its resolved for you

Thanks

Prakhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

I understand you don't want to modify existing project having logical comp of system for which you now want to go for charm

this is not a problem

1. first goto lmdb and create new logical component for same system aligned with TMS
  2. create a new project and assign logical comp created above to this one
  3. activate charm

hope this clarifies and feel free to connect further

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answer. But my customer do not want to create new project with logical components only for charm either.

Regards, Diana

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case there is no standard way of achieving it because ChaRM is project based which relies on logical component etc.

Regards

Prakhar