Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shift notes screen compressed

faisal_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue just came up after our system  got upgraded to EHP7.

The screen shot below of Shift Notes SHN2 before upgrade. As can be seen that fields are spread about on the screen with no horizontal scrolling. The tabs used are 091, 130 and 131.

After upgrade the same screen appears as follows. As can be seen that whole screen is halved almost with a horizontal scroll bar appearing:

The other hidden part is visible when scrolled on the right using the horizontal scroll bar:

any ideas how can that be fixed?

Thanks

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Give the Shift Note Notification configuration screen. (Screen Areas in Notification Header)

faisal_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue was resolved.

Reply from SAP support was:"Please change the screen area from 091 to 101 and test again (see your attachment "CUSTOM SUBSC.DOC" and note 2271653)"

Based on this we created a new screen area 101 and assign our subscreens to it. It worked.

It turned out that may be we jumped from EHP4  to EHP 7 directly and not in steps.

Thanks again to all for their suggestions.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried dragging to the right by pointing the mouse at the vertical line ?

faisal_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Nothing happens. Its fixed. The cursor shape remains the same.

Faisal

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In fact I'm yet to be in the EHP environment. However, these things are often seen related. to the resolution of the PC. Check whether it has changed.

faisal_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you would observed from the screenshots earlier that the whole window size has not halved but within the window the screen width have reduced.

Thanks

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I noticed that. So clue-less.  May be some Notes available.

faisal_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to search the forum and came across two instances of almost the same issue. Unfortunately both un-answered till today.

Faisal

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

It could be some screen resolution issue, since you have both the cases before and after upgrade, try to raise a OSS note to SAP. They should able to provide a resolution

Regards

Terence

faisal_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

We have raised the issue with SAP. Awaiting for their response.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.

Do share the resolution. Thanks in advance

Regards

Terence

faisal_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP suggested for change screen area from 091 to 101 and test again.

How to go about it, as when i checked in SPRO, presently there is no screen by the number 101.

Thanks

Faisal

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

This looks like, some business function is not activated.

I dont have the screens 101 in my system too.

I did a small search and found there is a business function for enhancement shift note, where they do relate with quality notification. I am not sure whether you have activated it, but this is what i found online.

Enhancements to Shift Report and Shift Note - Business Functions (SAP Enhancement Package 5 for SAP ...

But finally its better to get the confirmation from SAP, what business function you are missing.

Regards

Terence