cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade SAP Information Steward 4.2 from SP05 to SP06 or SP07.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are currently using SAP Information Steward 4.2 SP05. As part of regular upgrade to keep systems in sync, we are planning to upgrade to SP06. But I did not see much beneficial to update with SP06. I understand SP07 is going to release in May 2016. But I did not get any information related to the features and release notes.

Could someone advise is it good to upgrade SP06 now or is it worth to wait till SP07 releases?

Thanks

Venky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Venky,

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sboIS42/en/is_426_release_notes_en.pdf

I was advised by SAP that the MITI integrators were updated in SP6 but not in the release notes so if you want to collect metadata from MITI sources then I wouldn't wait.  Otherwise, have a look at the fixes through SP5 patches and in SP6 release notes to see whether you have any burning issues that are now resolved.

For instance, we have an issue with the DS Central Repository that was fixed in SP5 patch 2.  So we are going to a patch version first before determining which SP to upgrade to.

regards

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian/Dirk, That make sense to me. So far we did not find any issue with sp06 verison. So certainly we could wait for SP07. But do we have any anticipated date for sp07 release?

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If there's no specific issue or new feature for which an upgrade is needful, you better wait for SP7.