cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming HANA XS Odata in a Fiori Transactional App

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fiori/Gateway experts,

I am trying to consume a HANA XS Odata service in my "Create Sales Order" Fiori App. I want to show the results of a Predictive analysis algorithm to suggest users on what can be purchased. My challenge here is to consume this Odata service that belongs to a different domain.

I found an article online which talks about configuring the HANA XS Odata in SAP Netweaver Gateway by configuring a system alias to the HANA server using an RFC type G. This seems to be working for me as I am able to convert the external odata having same web address as that of the Frontend server. But I am not sure if this is the right approach. Is there any other way I can consume the Odata service directly. If I use the OData service directly, I am currently getting an Error related to CORS.

Let me know I am missing something big here. I haven't worked with analytical apps/external odata services before.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Eldhose,

I think it is a job for SAP Web Dispatcher.

Setup of SAP Fiori System Landscape with SAP HANA XS - Setup of SAP Fiori System Landscape - SAP Lib...

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

Thanks for your prompt response. So once I get the SAP Web dispatcher configuration done, will the Gateway Odata and HANA XS Odata share the same web address?

Thanks

Eldhose

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Eldhose,

From client browser, Web Dispatcher is the http access point. Based on the OData service URL path, Web Dispatcher dispatches http requests to Gateway or HANA XS.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eldhose,

As Masayuki said above the web-dispatcher will do the job.

Steps:

Check is there is SAP web-dispatcher in your landscape.

If  alternatively, as you said in your post above you can also expose HANA ODATA via gateway as you explained with with RFC call from sap gateway with type G to HANA XS.

Here also, you have to do SSO setup from Gateway to HANA XS for named user propagation.

Thanks,

Sumit

Answers (0)