cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make field name optional in FCC

0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am working on conversion of Flatfile in sender side.

Here my requirement is having the field name in substructure to be optional.

For example:

Recordset

A

B

C

D

E

F

In this I want to set "E" and "F" to be optional.

Because in one set of files these fields will not appear.

Reagards,

Pavithra.R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean the fields existence are optional? manning some time the fields E or F will have values in the flat file  and sometimes not?

if this is the case you should maintain the delimiters in the files with no values.

In such case the XML structure will be filled with closed XML tag and no values in it.

If this is a fixed length file you can do the same with fixed length places with no values.

For example:

AAAAA,BBBB,CCCC,DDDD,,,

or

AAAAABBBBCCCCDDDD                                   \nl

konrad_thalheim3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pravithra,

kindly check the following wiki How To...Content conversion module with J2EE JMS adapter - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

There you have the parameter, e.g  Plain2XML xml.recordsetStructure NameA,1,NameB,*,NameC,1

If you use the * it means in can occur multiple times like 0..unbounded. If your flatfile does not contain any structure E and F, file content conversion will skip these substructures.

Make sure your xsd in ESR has these structures E and F optional, too.

E.g. in your case: xml.recordsetStructure     SubstructureA,1,SubstructureB,1,SubstructureC,1,SubstructureD,1,SubstructureE,*,SubstructureF,*

For a more deep understanding kindly check the following blog posts and documents. Thanks to :

Kind regards

Konrad